Nikki Reed Happy Paul McDonald Eliminated From 'American Idol'
Paul McDonald's journey on this season of "American Idol" may have come to an end on Thursday night, April 14, but his girlfriend Nikki Reed isn't upset at all about the elimination. In fact, the 26-year-old musician opens up that the "Twilight Saga" actress he is "officially dating" is actually happy about it.
When asked if 22-year-old Nikki is bummed about his exit, Paul told People Magazine, "She is actually pumped." The singer with the megawatt smile continued, "She said, 'Dude, you finally get to do your thing and be yourself and be the artist you are.' She is happy about the whole situation. She has been nothing but cool to me."
Paul and Nikki have been linked romantically earlier this month. Us Weekly reported that after the two met on the red carpet of the "Red Riding Hood" premiere in March, they have kept in touch with each other. Accordingly, they have been going on a series of virtual dates via Skype. Soon after the news came out, a source told E! Online that Nikki calls Paul her "boyfriend".
In a press call after he was eliminated, Paul came forward to confirm their relationship. "Yeah, well me and Nikki Reed are dating," he said. "It's officially true. She's super cool, man, she's super smart, really cool girl. I'm happy about it. We've been hanging out, here and there, you know we're both pretty busy, but it's been fun so far."
As for his exit from the competition, Paul shared with E!, "When I first tried out for this, it was just kind of for fun, and I didn't even expect to get this far in the competition. So when I got here, I kind of listened to some people when I probably should have stuck with my guns."
"I'm actually not very good at singing other people's songs. There's only so much you can do singing other people's songs to get them across. I wish I had done more obscure artists, more of the vibe of music I was into. I didn't feel comfortable a whole lot of the time up there because it felt like it wasn't me all the time but it was an amazing learning experience doing all this TV."
On his plan after "Idol", he told People mag, "I have this other side that I didn't even start to show." He added, "I play keys. It's hard to do in a minute and a half of a cover song so I'm looking forward to doing my own thing and getting creative again." He also said that he wants "to release a solo album" with Stefano Langone, James Durbin and Jacob Lusk "play on the record".
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!