Official Audio Stream of Lady GaGa's Second Single 'Judas'
Lady GaGa's new single "Judas" has been revealed. Scheduled to make its way out on April 19, the fresh pop/dance track leaked four days earlier. Then, the "Poker Face" hitmaker wastes no time to release its official version in response to the premature arrival.
Coming from production hands of powerhouse music maker RedOne, the single is a loud tune with three big catchy hooks. "I'm just a holy fool, oh baby he's so cruel/ But I'm still in love with Judas, baby," she sings. "I wanna love you/ But something's pulling me away from you/ Jesus is my virtue/ And Judas is the demon I cling to."
GaGa wrote the single herself while on the road for her Monster Ball tour last year. Beside penning the lyrics, she also made its cover art by herself. "I graphic-designed the 'Judas' single cover myself," she said. "I photographed the image with my cell phone for texture." The picture boasts an image of a bright-red cross.
A music video for the single has been filmed and is expected to be debuted later this month. GaGa is going to play Mary Magdalene opposite "Hawaii Five-0" actor Norman Reedus who is tapped to portray Judas. It hasn't got any premiere date, but has already received criticism from the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights.
GaGa hasn't responded to the comment, but her creative director Laurieann Gibson indeed said the video will be "phenomenal." She furthermore dished on, "[It's] really powerful, really impactful..and it's really going to shock the world."
Choosing the religious theme, Gibson admitted to The Hollywood Reporter that she initially feared of where the video was going and considered to back out of the project. "I was like, 'Listen, I don't want lightning to strike me!'," she said. "I believe in the gospel and I'm not going there."
More Lady GaGa News
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Debuts First Footage, 'Wonder Woman' Gets First Trailer
- Watch Melissa McCarthy, Jodie Foster, Adam Sandler Ruin Their Han Solo Auditions on 'CONAN'
- People Are Upset Taylor Swift Uses Special Instagram Tool to Block Those Snake Emojis
- Artist of the Week: Stacy Ferguson
- Miranda Kerr Flaunts Huge Ring and Long Legs During First Outing Since Evan Spiegel's Proposal
- Comic-Con: 'Legion' Unveils First Footage. Take a Look at the X-Men TV Series