Blue's Eurovision Entry 'I Can' Gets New Video
Blue released their own video version of "I Can" which is their entry to Eurovision Song Contest 2011. BBC had, in March, released the promotional version in a bid to support the group as the representative of United Kingdom.
The video relies on close-up shots of the band's members with plain backgrounds. The theme is black and white, even the U.K. flag carried by the female dancers is made up of the two sole colors. Member Simon Webbe had an on-set mishap when filming the wet scene towards the end of the video.
"There was a thunderstorm scene, and they were breaking out some moves on an extremely slippery floor," a source told the Mirror. "When he fell, he was in agony and had to can filming for the day."
When first debuted earlier this year, "I Can" received a criticism from British broadcaster and television personality Phillip Schofield. "Well that's Eurovision screwed for another year!!" he tweeted. "Sorry guys, I love you together and individually... But that's a shocking song."
Blue agreed to represent U.K. at the competition in the wake of their reunion. "It was a massive decision to make," Duncan James told The Sun. "We did take a lot of time to think about it. But we decided to do it because it is a great opportunity to make a comeback. It is the biggest TV programme in Europe. How many times do you get asked to represent your country? We were privileged to be asked."
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?