Blue's Eurovision Entry 'I Can' Gets New Video
Blue released their own video version of "I Can" which is their entry to Eurovision Song Contest 2011. BBC had, in March, released the promotional version in a bid to support the group as the representative of United Kingdom.
The video relies on close-up shots of the band's members with plain backgrounds. The theme is black and white, even the U.K. flag carried by the female dancers is made up of the two sole colors. Member Simon Webbe had an on-set mishap when filming the wet scene towards the end of the video.
"There was a thunderstorm scene, and they were breaking out some moves on an extremely slippery floor," a source told the Mirror. "When he fell, he was in agony and had to can filming for the day."
When first debuted earlier this year, "I Can" received a criticism from British broadcaster and television personality Phillip Schofield. "Well that's Eurovision screwed for another year!!" he tweeted. "Sorry guys, I love you together and individually... But that's a shocking song."
Blue agreed to represent U.K. at the competition in the wake of their reunion. "It was a massive decision to make," Duncan James told The Sun. "We did take a lot of time to think about it. But we decided to do it because it is a great opportunity to make a comeback. It is the biggest TV programme in Europe. How many times do you get asked to represent your country? We were privileged to be asked."
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show