Blue's Eurovision Entry 'I Can' Gets New Video
Blue released their own video version of "I Can" which is their entry to Eurovision Song Contest 2011. BBC had, in March, released the promotional version in a bid to support the group as the representative of United Kingdom.
The video relies on close-up shots of the band's members with plain backgrounds. The theme is black and white, even the U.K. flag carried by the female dancers is made up of the two sole colors. Member Simon Webbe had an on-set mishap when filming the wet scene towards the end of the video.
"There was a thunderstorm scene, and they were breaking out some moves on an extremely slippery floor," a source told the Mirror. "When he fell, he was in agony and had to can filming for the day."
When first debuted earlier this year, "I Can" received a criticism from British broadcaster and television personality Phillip Schofield. "Well that's Eurovision screwed for another year!!" he tweeted. "Sorry guys, I love you together and individually... But that's a shocking song."
Blue agreed to represent U.K. at the competition in the wake of their reunion. "It was a massive decision to make," Duncan James told The Sun. "We did take a lot of time to think about it. But we decided to do it because it is a great opportunity to make a comeback. It is the biggest TV programme in Europe. How many times do you get asked to represent your country? We were privileged to be asked."
Blue's "I Can" music video
- J.K. Rowling Hints at Big Spoiler for 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 2'
- Meghan Markle Wants Prince Harry to Build Her 'Enormous' Shoe Room at Kensington Palace
- Kylie Jenner Licks Khloe Kardashian's Chest in Saucy Pic for 'KUWTK' 10th Anniversary
- Hacker Threatens to Leak 'Orange Is the New Black' Season 5 Unless Netflix Pays Ransom
- Sean Paul Connects With Migos for Epic Beach Party in New Video for 'Body'
- Justin Bieber 'Loves' Popping His Pimples Just to Get Attention
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Will Be Set in Hogwarts Stand-In Location
- Brad Pitt to Have Plactic Surgery as Angelina Jolie Divorce Ruins His Appearance