'Midnight in Paris', 'Pirates 4', 'Tree of Life' Make Up 64th Cannes Line-Up
The official line-up of 64th Cannes Film Festival was announced on Thursday, April 14. Woody Allen's "Midnight in Paris", as previously reported, will kick off the event which is held between May 11 to 22. Other stand-outs, be it in-competition and out-of-competition films, are Lynne Ramsay's "We Need to Talk About Kevin", Gus Van Sant's "Restless", and Terrence Malick's "The Tree of Life".
For Scottish director Ramsay, her school-shooting drama set in Connecticut is her first movie since 2002's "Morvern Callar". The film is set to compete against Pedro Almodovar's Spanish drama "La Piel que Habito" aka "The Skin I Live In" which reunites the director with Antonio Banderas. The actor takes the role of a plastic surgeon who tries to save the life of his wife by creating a new skin.
Rob Marshall's "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" is now confirmed to be screen out of competition. It is the first film in "Pirates" franchise to take part in the festival. Joining the Disney movie is Jodie Foster's "The Beaver" which is starring Mel Gibson as a depressed CEO of a toy company who relies on his puppet beaver to communicate with his family.
One more film to look forward to is "This Must Be the Place" from director Paolo Sorrentino. Starring Sean Penn, the film follows a middle-aged wealthy rock star hunting the Nazi who murdered his father.
The complete list of movies at this year's Cannes are available at the official site.
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'