Steven Spielberg's Abraham Lincoln Movie Finds Mary Todd
Sally Field is officially attached to "Lincoln". The "Brothers & Sisters" actress will star as Mary Todd Lincoln, consort to the 16th President of the United States Abraham Lincoln, in DreamWorks Studios' forthcoming movie.
While announcing the news on Wednesday, April 13, director Steven Spielberg opens up about his feeling to work with the 64-year-old actress. He admits, "I'm excited to be working with Sally for the first time."
"I've admired her films and she has always been my first choice to portray all the fragility and complexity that was Mary Todd Lincoln," he continues. Field adds, "To have the opportunity to work with Steven Spielberg and Daniel Day-Lewis and to play one of the most complicated and colorful women in American history is simply as good as it gets."
Field won two Academy Awards for her role in "Norma Rae" and "Places in the Heart". In 2008 and 2009, she was nominated for Golden Globe Award for Best Actress for Television Series Drama category through her role as Nora Walker on ABC's "Brothers & Sisters". She is currently filming "The Amazing Spider-Man", taking the role of Aunt May Parker.
"Lincoln" is a biography of one of the most celebrated presidents in the U.S. The film will focus on the political collision of Lincoln and the powerful men of his cabinet on the road to abolition and the end of the Civil War. Written by Tony Kushner, the movie has Daniel Day-Lewis take the main role. The biopic is expected to grace theaters in 2012.
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!