Adele Rebounds to No. 1 on Hot 200, Knocking Britney Spears
After giving up No. 1 position to Chris Brown and Britney Spears, Adele has come back to the hot spot on Billboard Hot 200 this week. The U.K. singer has added another 88,000 copies with her sophomore set "21", giving her a total of 1.03 million sold. This makes her the first artist to sell more than a million copies this year.
Last week's champ Britney is pushed to No. 2 as her latest studio installment could only scan another 75,000 units in its second week on sale. Following behind her at the third place on the U.S. albums chart is Kings of Leon. The alternative rock band rise from No. 6 as their set "The King of Limbs" raked in 67,000 this week.
The highest chart entry of this week, meanwhile, is Hollywood Undead. Their second studio album "American Tragedy" opens at No. 4 with 66,000. Another new release which has broken top 10 list of the chart is Asking Alexandria. They land at the ninth place with "Reckless & Relentless" which bows around 31,000.
The rest of the top 10 are filled with holdovers. Wiz Khalifa's "Rolling Papers" slips 2-5 with 59,000, Breezy's "F.A.M.E." shuffles 4-6 with 51,000, "Songs for Japan" compilation CD moves 5-7 with just under 51,000, and Kirk Franklin's "Hello Fear" drops to No. 10 with 31,000.
Bouncing back to the list after getting kicked out, Mumford & Sons' "Sigh No More" moves up from No. 11 to No. 8 with 34,000 copies sold. This latest selling number gives the band a total of 645,000 and makes them this year's second-biggest selling artist, after Adele, so far.
- "21" - Adele (88,000)
- "Femme Fatale" - Britney Spears (75,000)
- "The King of Limbs - Kings of Leon (67,000)
- "American Tragedy" - Hollywood Undead (66,000)
- "Rolling Papers" - Wiz Khalifa (59,000)
- "F.A.M.E. " - Chris Brown (51,000)
- "Songs for Japan" - various artists (51,000)
- "Sigh No More" - Mumford & Sons (34,000)
- "Reckless & Relentless" - Asking Alexandria (31,000)
- "Hello Fear" - Kirk Franklin (31,000)
More Adele News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7