Adele Rebounds to No. 1 on Hot 200, Knocking Britney Spears
After giving up No. 1 position to Chris Brown and Britney Spears, Adele has come back to the hot spot on Billboard Hot 200 this week. The U.K. singer has added another 88,000 copies with her sophomore set "21", giving her a total of 1.03 million sold. This makes her the first artist to sell more than a million copies this year.
Last week's champ Britney is pushed to No. 2 as her latest studio installment could only scan another 75,000 units in its second week on sale. Following behind her at the third place on the U.S. albums chart is Kings of Leon. The alternative rock band rise from No. 6 as their set "The King of Limbs" raked in 67,000 this week.
The highest chart entry of this week, meanwhile, is Hollywood Undead. Their second studio album "American Tragedy" opens at No. 4 with 66,000. Another new release which has broken top 10 list of the chart is Asking Alexandria. They land at the ninth place with "Reckless & Relentless" which bows around 31,000.
The rest of the top 10 are filled with holdovers. Wiz Khalifa's "Rolling Papers" slips 2-5 with 59,000, Breezy's "F.A.M.E." shuffles 4-6 with 51,000, "Songs for Japan" compilation CD moves 5-7 with just under 51,000, and Kirk Franklin's "Hello Fear" drops to No. 10 with 31,000.
Bouncing back to the list after getting kicked out, Mumford & Sons' "Sigh No More" moves up from No. 11 to No. 8 with 34,000 copies sold. This latest selling number gives the band a total of 645,000 and makes them this year's second-biggest selling artist, after Adele, so far.
- "21" - Adele (88,000)
- "Femme Fatale" - Britney Spears (75,000)
- "The King of Limbs - Kings of Leon (67,000)
- "American Tragedy" - Hollywood Undead (66,000)
- "Rolling Papers" - Wiz Khalifa (59,000)
- "F.A.M.E. " - Chris Brown (51,000)
- "Songs for Japan" - various artists (51,000)
- "Sigh No More" - Mumford & Sons (34,000)
- "Reckless & Relentless" - Asking Alexandria (31,000)
- "Hello Fear" - Kirk Franklin (31,000)
More Adele News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video