Video: Miley Cyrus and Joan Jett Rock It Out on 'Oprah'
"The Oprah Winfrey Show" episode which featured Miley Cyrus has finally aired Wednesday night, April 13. Instead of sitting for an in-depth interview with Oprah Winfrey, the teen songstress channeled her inner rock star and performed with Joan Jett.
The "LOL: Laughing Out Loud" movie beauty rocked out with the former member of all-girl band The Runaways, singing a medley of "Bad Reputation", "Cherry Bomb" and "I Hate Myself (For Loving You)". Miley served as the lead singer, while Joan strummed her guitar.
"It's something that's always meant something to me, just seeing Joan stand up for chicks who want to play the guitar," Miley told Oprah. The former Disney star auditioned for the Mouse House's "Hannah Montana" with Joan's classic "I Love Rock 'n' Roll".
Oprah dedicated the recent episode of her talk show to the Rock Goddesses of the 70's and 80's. It featured appearances from the likes of Stevie Nicks, Sheryl Crow, Pat Benatar and Avril Lavigne.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce