First Sneak Peek to 'Homeland' Starring Claire Danes
Showtime has picked up "Homeland" and released a one-minute clip to the new series. It features Emmy-winning actress Claire Danes as the leading lady, Carrie Anderson, a CIA officer who is tormented by personal demons.
She is convinced that the intelligence that led to the rescue of Scott Brody, who had been missing and presumed deal for nine years, was setup and connected to an Al Qaeda plot aimed at American soil. To anticipate this, she contacts Saul Berenson, her boss and mentor and a CIA Division Chief, to help her spy on the soldier.
Based on Gideon Raff's Israeli television series "Prisoners of War", "Homeland" is set as a one-hour long drama, and will begin shooting 12 episodes this summer. Damian Lewis stars as Scott, while Mandy Patinkin takes the role of Saul. Howard Gordon ("24"), Alex Gansa ("24", "Entourage") and Gideon Raff are writing the new series. There is still no word on when Showtime will premiere this psychological thriller.
More Homeland News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal