First Sneak Peek to 'Homeland' Starring Claire Danes
Showtime has picked up "Homeland" and released a one-minute clip to the new series. It features Emmy-winning actress Claire Danes as the leading lady, Carrie Anderson, a CIA officer who is tormented by personal demons.
She is convinced that the intelligence that led to the rescue of Scott Brody, who had been missing and presumed deal for nine years, was setup and connected to an Al Qaeda plot aimed at American soil. To anticipate this, she contacts Saul Berenson, her boss and mentor and a CIA Division Chief, to help her spy on the soldier.
Based on Gideon Raff's Israeli television series "Prisoners of War", "Homeland" is set as a one-hour long drama, and will begin shooting 12 episodes this summer. Damian Lewis stars as Scott, while Mandy Patinkin takes the role of Saul. Howard Gordon ("24"), Alex Gansa ("24", "Entourage") and Gideon Raff are writing the new series. There is still no word on when Showtime will premiere this psychological thriller.
More Homeland News
- 'Legends of Tomorrow' Actor Johnathon Schaech Wants to Be the Next Wolverine
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech