First Sneak Peek to 'Homeland' Starring Claire Danes
Showtime has picked up "Homeland" and released a one-minute clip to the new series. It features Emmy-winning actress Claire Danes as the leading lady, Carrie Anderson, a CIA officer who is tormented by personal demons.
She is convinced that the intelligence that led to the rescue of Scott Brody, who had been missing and presumed deal for nine years, was setup and connected to an Al Qaeda plot aimed at American soil. To anticipate this, she contacts Saul Berenson, her boss and mentor and a CIA Division Chief, to help her spy on the soldier.
Based on Gideon Raff's Israeli television series "Prisoners of War", "Homeland" is set as a one-hour long drama, and will begin shooting 12 episodes this summer. Damian Lewis stars as Scott, while Mandy Patinkin takes the role of Saul. Howard Gordon ("24"), Alex Gansa ("24", "Entourage") and Gideon Raff are writing the new series. There is still no word on when Showtime will premiere this psychological thriller.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed