First Sneak Peek to 'Homeland' Starring Claire Danes
Showtime has picked up "Homeland" and released a one-minute clip to the new series. It features Emmy-winning actress Claire Danes as the leading lady, Carrie Anderson, a CIA officer who is tormented by personal demons.
She is convinced that the intelligence that led to the rescue of Scott Brody, who had been missing and presumed deal for nine years, was setup and connected to an Al Qaeda plot aimed at American soil. To anticipate this, she contacts Saul Berenson, her boss and mentor and a CIA Division Chief, to help her spy on the soldier.
Based on Gideon Raff's Israeli television series "Prisoners of War", "Homeland" is set as a one-hour long drama, and will begin shooting 12 episodes this summer. Damian Lewis stars as Scott, while Mandy Patinkin takes the role of Saul. Howard Gordon ("24"), Alex Gansa ("24", "Entourage") and Gideon Raff are writing the new series. There is still no word on when Showtime will premiere this psychological thriller.
More Homeland News
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7
- 'Teen Wolf' Unveils Stiles' Unexpected Real Name
- Nelly vs. Drake: Twitter Debates Who's the Biggest Rapper
- Are Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman Hinting Pierce Brosnan Will Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'?
- Selena Gomez Gets Advice From Jennifer Aniston on The Weeknd Romance: Ignore the Haters