First Sneak Peek to 'Homeland' Starring Claire Danes
Showtime has picked up "Homeland" and released a one-minute clip to the new series. It features Emmy-winning actress Claire Danes as the leading lady, Carrie Anderson, a CIA officer who is tormented by personal demons.
She is convinced that the intelligence that led to the rescue of Scott Brody, who had been missing and presumed deal for nine years, was setup and connected to an Al Qaeda plot aimed at American soil. To anticipate this, she contacts Saul Berenson, her boss and mentor and a CIA Division Chief, to help her spy on the soldier.
Based on Gideon Raff's Israeli television series "Prisoners of War", "Homeland" is set as a one-hour long drama, and will begin shooting 12 episodes this summer. Damian Lewis stars as Scott, while Mandy Patinkin takes the role of Saul. Howard Gordon ("24"), Alex Gansa ("24", "Entourage") and Gideon Raff are writing the new series. There is still no word on when Showtime will premiere this psychological thriller.
More Homeland News
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'