Beyonce Knowles Is Mojave Desert Queen in New Video Pictures
More sneak peek to Beyonce Knowles' upcoming music video is unveiled in a series of new pictures. Unlike the previous ones which feature her wearing an elegant white ensemble, these fresh images boast a fierce look at the R&B singer. She's pictured wearing a gold crown and holding a red "B" flag.
Coming out via Celebrity Mania, the on-location pictures were taken from Tuesday, April 12 filming in Mojave Desert, California. Beyonce is seen waving the flag and leading an army of women in a post-apocalyptic set. Scantily clad, the ladies were snapped striking poses around damaged cars.
Rumor has it, Beyonce filmed the video for a new single called "Girl". Award-winning director Francis Lawrence who previously worked with Lady GaGa and Destiny's Child is said sitting behind the lens, and Frank Gatson reportedly serves as a choreographer.
Details about the single are still scarce. Words are, it's a "female empowerment or girl power type song" which is sampling a popular club song that a lot of people will recognize. Beyonce is expected to release the fresh track sometime soon.
The album where the song will appear is rumored to be released in June. Odd Future, Diplo, Ne-Yo and Sean Garrett are some of the people who are linked to this project. Last September, Ne-Yo teased about Beyonce "definitely having her own agenda." He said she is an artist who has a clear vision of what she wants to do, "She's going to give you directions [like] 'Here's where I'm going, so here's where I need you to be'."
The clue about how this might-be "new genre" of music will sound has also been hinted by Sean Garrett. "I think we are doing a lot of uptempo records for this one. She's in such a good place right now in life that she is interested in making party music, definitely," he once said.
Although details of the album are still under wraps, Beyonce will, for sure, ditch her alter ego Sasha Fierce in the not-yet-titled album. "Sasha Fierce is done. I killed her," she confessed. "I don't need Sasha Fierce anymore, because I've grown and now I'm able to merge the two."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Feud With Adam Lambert: 'This Is Completely Entertainment'
- SISTAR Disbands After 7 Years, Members Pen Heartfelt Handwritten Letters to Fans
- Michael Jackson's Songs Are Reportedly Not Allowed to Be Featured in 'Bubbles'