'On Stranger Tides' Set as Cannes' Out-of-Competition Film
"Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" will head to Cannes Film Festival in May. To the annual fest it means more A-list stars gracing its red carpet event and to the film it means an international premiere.
According to Variety, the Johnny Depp-starring film joins the festival in the last minute lead-up to Thursday, April 14 official-selection announcement. It would be screened out of competition after its May 7 world premiere at Disneyland. Walt Disney Pictures' rep is yet to confirm the involvement and announce the date.
This year's Cannes is held between May 11 to May 22. Woody Allen's "Midnight in Paris" is set to be the opening film, joining Terrence Malick's "Tree of Life" in the official selection.
"On Stranger Tides" is the first from the franchise to screen at the festival. It will be released overseas on May 18 and in the United States on May 20. Crossing paths with the enigmatic Angelica, Jack Sparrow is not sure if it's love, or if she's a ruthless con artist who's using him to find the fabled Fountain of Youth.
- Mariah Carey Debuts New Song 'Infamous' for 'Empire' Series
- Keanu Reeves Walks Down Brooklyn Bridge With His New Dog in New 'John Wick 2' Pic
- Here's the Real Reason Rob Kardashian Tweeted Kylie Jenner's Number. Does She Deserve It?
- Report: Taylor Swift Is Pursuing Prince Harry After Tom Hiddleston Split
- Margot Robbie in 'Saturday Night Live' Promo: I'm a Felon
- Watch James Corden and Backstreet Boys' Synchronized Dance for 'Everybody (Backstreet's Back)'
- Gal Gadot Flaunts Sexy Body in Skimpy Lingerie in 'Keeping Up with the Joneses' Clip
- 'Empire' 3.03 Preview: Wrong Charge