Rebecca Black Hits 100 Million Mark, Beating Lady GaGa and Justin Bieber
It seems that Rebecca Black is on the run for scoring the most viewed music video this year. Her viral hit "Friday" has gained around 100 million views on YouTube in less than two months. Produced by Ark Music Factory, low-budgeted music video for the Auto-Tuned single raked in 98 million marks in her official YouTube alone.
According to Visible Measures, if the viewing number of its original video is combined with viewing number of its copies, spoofs and other versions available online, Rebecca generated more than 200 million views. With such a huge number, the 13-year-old aspiring singer reportedly beat Lady GaGa and Justin Bieber.
By comparison, GaGa's music video for her single "Born This Way" reportedly has got more than 180 million online views since making its way out in late February. Meanwhile, Bieber's "Pray" clip, which was premiered last year, has scanned over 65 million views.
Beside being the contender for most viewed video, the "Friday" clip is also one of the candidates for the "most-disliked" video. After getting 1.1 million "dislikes" out of 60 million views last month, the video has now moved the "thumb downs" to almost 2 millions.
Although the song has been critically panned, Rebecca plans to drop a second single which "is in a similar vein" to the much-ridiculed track. In the next offering, the internet sensation is going to treat music fans with text-messaging-themed anthem called "LOL".
- Calvin Harris Takes a Dig at Taylor Swift in 'My Way' Video
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'