Lindsay Lohan Attended 'Gotti' Press but Still 'In Talks'
It is now looking more likely that Lindsay Lohan is joining John Travolta in "Gotti: Three Generations". A press conference was held at Sheraton Hotel New York Hotel and Towers on Tuesday, April 12 where not only Lindsay and people behind the movie came in attendance but also the real Gotti family.
Lindsay's role was not divulged but more than enough hints were thrown that she is playing John Gotti's daughter Victoria. Beside posing with the mob wife at the photo session and looking quite similar, Lohan also said, "I've never portrayed someone that I know in a film, so this would be the first, which is very exciting."
Lindsay reportedly has been Victoria's top choice to play her. "She's good friends with my mom, [Dina Lohan], and I met Mr. Gotti when I was younger too, when I was three, which is really funny," she told reporters. Giving out more hints, she opined on Victoria, "I like that Victoria, she's a very strong woman and I really appreciate and respect that."
Nevertheless, producer Marc Fiore emphasized, "I'm in talks to have Lindsay in the movie. Nothing has been finalized, but we are in talks."
Director Nick Cassavetes said the story will span several decades, from the time John Gotti became the head of the Gambinos to his death while serving time in prison in 2002. Shooting will begin in October for 2012 release, but the role of Gotti Jr. is not yet filled.
John Travolta himself is thrilled to play the Mafia. "I like the glamor that he has, I like the humor, he entertained the press very well. He charmed them and he charmed his fans. There was mystery about what he was up to," he said.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March