The Obamas to Visit 'Oprah' for One of Final Episodes
Oprah Winfrey has lined up U.S. President as her guest for one of her show's final episodes. A White House official and publicists for the daily TV show said on Tuesday, April 12 that Barack Obama and first lady Michelle will tape their appearance in Chicago on April 27, and the episode will air on May 2.
It would be Obama's first appearance on the show as a president. Before the 2008 election, he has appeared on the show in 2005 and 2006. Mrs. Obama, meanwhile, was recently a guest on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" in January.
On another news, Horizon Media researcher Brad Adgate said the asking price for a 30-second ad on "Oprah" May 25 finale has soared to $1 million. It is more than last year's finales of ABC's "Lost" and ($900,000) and Fox's "24" ($650,000) although the talk show has a smaller number of audience than either of the drama series.
"Oprah" 's asking price, however, is only half of what people paid for a 30-second ad on "Friends" farewell episode which drew 52.5 million viewers in 2004. It commanded a nearly Super Bowl-sized $2 million and is currently listed as the most expensive finale in Adgate's research.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding