The Obamas to Visit 'Oprah' for One of Final Episodes
Oprah Winfrey has lined up U.S. President as her guest for one of her show's final episodes. A White House official and publicists for the daily TV show said on Tuesday, April 12 that Barack Obama and first lady Michelle will tape their appearance in Chicago on April 27, and the episode will air on May 2.
It would be Obama's first appearance on the show as a president. Before the 2008 election, he has appeared on the show in 2005 and 2006. Mrs. Obama, meanwhile, was recently a guest on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" in January.
On another news, Horizon Media researcher Brad Adgate said the asking price for a 30-second ad on "Oprah" May 25 finale has soared to $1 million. It is more than last year's finales of ABC's "Lost" and ($900,000) and Fox's "24" ($650,000) although the talk show has a smaller number of audience than either of the drama series.
"Oprah" 's asking price, however, is only half of what people paid for a 30-second ad on "Friends" farewell episode which drew 52.5 million viewers in 2004. It commanded a nearly Super Bowl-sized $2 million and is currently listed as the most expensive finale in Adgate's research.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special