'Avatar 2' and 'Avatar 3' Will Be Filming in Manhattan Beach
"Avatar 2" is heading to Manhattan Beach. 20th Century Fox has locked a deal to film the movie at MBS Media Campus, and will use the 585,000-square foot facility as the base for the high-tech production of the movies under a lease.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, director James Cameron will use the property for the motion capture photography of the anticipated "Avatar 2" and "Avatar 3". In addition to filming the "Avatar" sequels at the campus, Cameron will likely use it as a new home of Lightstorm Entertainment. However, he did not mention how long he will use the building, and how much he should pay for it.
Before the Manhattan Beach deal has been finalized, Cameron considered going back to the Hercules Campus in Playa Vista, California, a place where the principal photography of "Avatar" happened. However, the Hercules site is in renovations throughout this year, which makes the timing problematic.
Both "Avatar 2" and "Avatar 3" will have Cameron serve behind the lens as well as pen the script. The sci-fi films will see Jon Landau producing as well. "Avatar 2" is expected to make its way out in 2014, while "Avatar 3" may come to theaters in 2015.
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2