'Avatar 2' and 'Avatar 3' Will Be Filming in Manhattan Beach
"Avatar 2" is heading to Manhattan Beach. 20th Century Fox has locked a deal to film the movie at MBS Media Campus, and will use the 585,000-square foot facility as the base for the high-tech production of the movies under a lease.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, director James Cameron will use the property for the motion capture photography of the anticipated "Avatar 2" and "Avatar 3". In addition to filming the "Avatar" sequels at the campus, Cameron will likely use it as a new home of Lightstorm Entertainment. However, he did not mention how long he will use the building, and how much he should pay for it.
Before the Manhattan Beach deal has been finalized, Cameron considered going back to the Hercules Campus in Playa Vista, California, a place where the principal photography of "Avatar" happened. However, the Hercules site is in renovations throughout this year, which makes the timing problematic.
Both "Avatar 2" and "Avatar 3" will have Cameron serve behind the lens as well as pen the script. The sci-fi films will see Jon Landau producing as well. "Avatar 2" is expected to make its way out in 2014, while "Avatar 3" may come to theaters in 2015.
More Avatar 2 News
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'