Losing Shoe on 'DWTS' Stage, Kirstie Alley Feels Like a 'Freak Show'
Kirstie Alley has found herself in the middle of another unexpected situation on "Dancing with the Stars" stage. After falling to the ground with partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy last week, she lost her shoe during her dance on Monday, April 11.
Dancing waltz to "The Flower Duet", Kirstie ended up in a planned sitting position on the floor after Maksim twirled her around. Her shoe was off at that time, but she managed to get it back on before Maksim approached to pick her up and complete the dance.
And like the previous mishap, Kirstie got praise from Carrie Ann Inaba for handling the situation well. "You are the queen of the unexpected mishap," the judge said after the performance. "I mean, whose shoe comes off? I saw you tuck it back; you didn't miss a beat."
But Kirstie claimed she did not expect to get attention in this way. "I'm not doing a sitcom. I'm actually doing a dancing show!" she told reporters afterwards. "I'm tired of having to recover. I would just like to do something right. I don't feel like I'm jinxed, but I feel like I need to get my sh** together. When people are accident prone, there is something going on with them. There is something going on."
"I just feel like I want to be the people who dance well. First week, we were the people who danced really well. And somehow along we've become the freak show," she continued, adding that "the freak show is good but we need to take the dancing up a notch."
Describing the situation when she lost her shoe, Kirstie said, "Look, I'm supposed to be Swan Lake out there, la la la la la. Instead I'm like, la la la la and he's supposed to come out to me but he comes up and I'm like, my f***ing shoe, my f***ing shoe, my f***ing shoe is off, what do I do? I don't know what you do in these situations! I'm going to write a book about this."
Maksim, who took the blame for their fall last week, was not disappointed with the latest incident. "Listen, we got an 8 and a shoe came off. Honestly, I'm very happy. I'm excited," he stated. The couple, in fact, scored 22 out of 30 that night.
Asked about their plan for the American theme week for next Monday, Maksim gushed, "We're gonna not lose a shoe, not have a muscle cramp." Kirstie added, "We want to be dazzling in the right way. We have to have more dancing and less malfunctions."
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors
- Wiz Khalifa and Juicy J's New Music Video for 'Cell Ready' Is Smoking Hot
- Inside Celine Dion's Diva Behavior on 'The Voice': 'She Was Extremely Entitled'
- Miley Cryrus and Liam Hemsworth Build Playground at Malibu House - Is Baby on the Way?
- 'Spider-Man' Spin-Off About Black Cat and Silver Sable Is in Development
- Taraji P. Henson and 'Empire' Co-Star Nia Long Are Reportedly Feuding on Set, Rep Reacts
- 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Originally Features Jyn Erso's Mother as Jedi Knight