'House M.D.' 7.19 Preview: Masters' Exit Story
Now that Thirteen is no longer his new muse, House is putting the pressure on med student Martha Masters. The April 18 episode of "House M.D." could well be the exit story of Amber Tamblyn's character who faces a career crossroads on her last day as a medical student and struggles with the choice to continue on the path to become a surgeon or to accept the rare opportunity to join House's team officially.
Speaking of her last episode which coincides with Olivia Wilde's return, Tamblyn told TV Line, "We have two episodes [together, and] one where we actually work together. It was super, super fun." She added, "If they hadn't given us at least one scene [together], with me being the only other female team member, it would have been a missed opportunity. I think they knew better than to pass that up, so they gave us some really cool scenes together."
Tamblyn, who was touted to be a series regular by the producers, has set her eyes on a new project with "House" executive producer, Katie Jacobs. She is to star as a teacher working in public education on a drama series written by "The Wire" scribe Ed Burns.
Also in the episode "Last Temptation", the team treats a 16-year-old girl who inexplicably collapsed days before embarking on an ambitious sailing tour around the globe. Despite the patient's life-changing diagnosis, the patient's family insists on getting her back on the seas in time for her potentially record-breaking launch. But to the team's surprise, including House, Masters makes a bold decision regarding the patient's treatment.
- James McAvoy Lets Loose 'The Beast' in New 'Split' Trailer
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale
- 'Toy Story 4' Release Date Delayed Again, 'The Incredibles 2' Moved Up
- Tom Cruise Secretly Romancing a British Woman and He's 'Serious' About It
- Kim Kardashian Concierge Says Robbers Didn't Want Her Jewelry. What Were They After, Then?
- Prince's Rep Addresses Jay-Z's Rumored $40 Million Offer for His Unreleased Music