Lady GaGa Goes Bollywood in 'Born This Way' Remix, to Shock World With 'Judas' Video
After injecting bluegrass vibes in the country road version of her single "Born This Way", Lady GaGa has now revamped the dance track with "sitar intro" and "dhol beats" in its Bollywood remix. The latest re-recorded song comes from production hands of brother duo Salim and Sulaiman.
"We collaborated with Indian music producers from across the globe to show our respect and appreciation for our Desi fans and music community," said Troy Carter, head of GaGa's management team. "We're looking forward to more Desi collaborations in the near future." Desi is a new urban genre that combines traditional Indian music with Western pop and R&B songs.
Beside getting the Bollywood remix treatment, "Born This Way" is also reworked for a Culture Shock version. Anjula Acharia-Bath, a CEO of the production company behind the remixes, said, "GaGa has truly fallen in love with India, so we're helping her pursue this audience to authentically connect with both the huge diaspora and South Asia itself."
If this Bollywood remix failed to shock GaGa's fans, people should wait until the video premiere of "Judas" because the outlandish singer has a lot of things under her sleeves for the upcoming video. In a recent interview with MTV, creative director Laurieann Gibson said, "It's a phenomenal video: really powerful, really impactful..and it's really going to shock the world."
GaGa will play Mary Magdalene in this music video, while Judas will be portrayed by "Hawaii Five-0" actor Norman Reedus. Choosing the religious theme, Gibson admitted to The Hollywood Reporter that she initially feared of where the video was going. "I was like, 'Listen, I don't want lightning to strike me!'," she said. "I believe in the gospel and I'm not going there."
The music video hasn't got any release date, but has been hit with early criticism. Bill Donohue, president of the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights, once said, "I find GaGa to be increasingly irrelevant. She thinks she is going to be groundbreaking. She is trying to ripoff Christian idolatry to shore up her talentless, mundane and boring performances. Another ex-Catholic whose head is turned around."
More Lady GaGa News
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier