Kim Kardashian Sees Positive Side of Turkish Cosmopolitan Cover
Kim Kardashian has addressed the controversy surrounding her appearance on the April issue's cover of Cosmopolitan Magazine in Turkey. The star of "Kourtney and Kim Take New York" took to her blog on Monday, April 11 to share her positive insight on being featured during the month of Genocide Remembrance Day.
"I just found out today that I am on the cover of Cosmopolitan Magazine in Turkey this month," she began her posting. "Cosmopolitan Magazine has a number of international editions all around the world that run in various territories, and when I did this shoot for the international covers I had no idea that Turkey was planning to run my story on their cover THIS month, considering Genocide Remembrance Day is this month."
The 30-year-old beauty went on, "My Armenian heritage means a lot to me and I've been brought up to be incredibly proud of my family's background and culture so as an Armenian-American woman it is a huge honor for me to be on the first ever Armenian Cosmopolitan cover."
Near the end, Kim noted, "I have an amazing relationship with Cosmopolitan Magazine." She then pointed out, "World-over, Cosmo is known as a fun and inspiring magazine for women of all races, shapes, sizes, regardless of their political beliefs and I really hope that if I can bring awareness to the issue, then this in an accomplishment."
A representative for Cosmopolitan magazine has also come out with a statement about Kim being its cover girl, but remained mum over the controversy. To The Wrap, the rep said, "Kim Kardashian is one of our favorite cover girls. We were thrilled to have the opportunity to photograph her for the Cosmopolitan editions worldwide."
Earlier, it was reported that Kim was furious to learn that she has graced the cover of the mag's latest Turkish edition. E! News, however, clarified that the reality star was actually upset over the publishing date because it is so close to April 24, the traditional day of remembrance for the victims of the 1915 Armenian genocide.
One inside source explained, "She's upset about it obviously, but it was an honest mistake on the behalf of Cosmo." The insider added, "This one just slipped through the cracks. I can't imagine that they would have done this on purpose. Kim has a really great relationship with Cosmo." It was further noted the publication was "extremely apologetic" for the mistake.
More Kim Kardashian News
- 'Full Frontal with Samantha Bee' Resurrects Will Ferrel's Dubya Impersonation in 'Not WHCD'
- Liam Payne and Cheryl's Baby Name Allegedly Revealed
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld and Alessia Cara's Performances at 2017 Radio Disney Music Awards
- Are They Splitting Up? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Have 'Explosive' Fights
- 'Fate of the Furious' Stays Atop Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend, Passes $1B Worlwide
- 'Last Ship' Halts Production as Eric Dane Battles Depression
- Little Mix, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars Among Winners at Radio Disney Music Awards 2017
- Radio Disney Music Awards 2017: Noah Cyrus, Camila Cabello and Sabrina Carpenter Stun on Red Carpet