'DWTS' Week 4 Recap: Chelsea 'Bewitching', Kendra 'Messed It Up'
"Dancing with the Stars" had a live orchestra to accompany the contestants performing waltzes, Viennese waltzes or paso dobles in this classical week. Chelsea Kane (previously known as Chelsea Staub) won judges' heart with her Viennese waltz on April 11.
"It was magical, fabulous, musical and bewitching," Bruno Toli gushed. "Technically speaking, it was the best dance of the night!" Carrie Ann Inaba agreed with him, adding "Chelsea, you're in your stride." She got 26 out of 30 which was the best of the night.
Also dancing the Viennese waltz, Kendra Wilkinson had to take a strong criticism from Bruno. "Kendra, you messed it up and you know it. Become the character! Become the Black Swan! Natalie Portman!" he said. Len Goodman tried to defend her, saying "Bruno sometimes forgets, you guys are beginners. I'm not saying it was fantastic..." She scored 18.
Sugar Ray Leonard was not perfect either, but still managed to charm the judges. The three of them agreed that it was entertaining with Len saying "Sugar Ray Leonard turns into the Sugar Plum Fairy." Bruno said his Viennese waltz "had a wonderful, cartoonish charm," and the former boxer earned 21.
Dancing the waltz that night were Ralph Macchio and Kirstie Alley but it is the former's dance which scored higher. The original "Karate Kid" actor earned 25 with Len saying he is "back" in the game after "in the wilderness for two weeks." Bruno claimed Kirstie "did amazingly well," but she only got 22.
The other celebrities, meanwhile, danced the paso dobles. Lil' Romeo who came out first performed it with "full of passion", "attack and intensity," and he scored 23. Petra Nemcova also earned 23 as Carrie Ann gushed, "Petra, you are on a roll. It was absolutely gorgeous..."
Another 23 score was given to Chris Jericho although Len said, "The music conquered you, you didn't conquer the music." But Carrie Ann had a different way to see it, saying "You were so connected to the music." Hines Ward showed another solid dance, with Len praising his steadiness, "You are the most determined of all of our celebrities, you come out every week at 100 percent." He earned 25.
"Dancing with the Stars" will return with a live result show on Tuesday, April 12 where one of the remaining nine contestants will be sent home.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'