Anne Hathaway, will.i.am Trigger Riot at 'Rio' Los Angeles Premiere
"Rio" has been premiered at Grauman's Chinese Theatre, Los Angeles on Sunday, April 10. Coming to the event were the voice cast of the film, including Anne Hathaway, Leslie Mann, will.i.am, Jesse Eisenberg, Jamie Foxx, and Rodrigo Santoro.
As the stars started coming to the event at around 01:00 P.M., everybody wanted to take pictures of the celebrities. As a result, there was a riot on the blue carpet, and the actors were hurried to go inside the theater to begin the screening which was 20 minutes late from the schedule at 02:00 P.M. Mann was the last actor to enter the theater after she took pictures with her fans.
Set in the magnificent city of Rio de Janeiro and the lush rain forest of Brazil, "Rio" follows Blu, a rare macaw who thinks he is the last of his kind and cannot fly. When Blu discovers there's another - and that she's a she - he leaves the comforts of his cage in small town Minnesota and heads to Rio. Unexpectedly thrown together, they embark on an adventure of a lifetime, where they learn about friendship, love, courage, and being open to life's many wonders.
Beside the above-mentioned voice cast, Jake T. Austin, George Lopez, Tracy Morgan, Jane Lynch and Wanda Sykes also provide voice for other characters in the animated film. Coming from "Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs" director Carlos Saldanha, the 3D animation will grace theaters across the nation on April 15.
More Rio News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival