New No Doubt Album Is Confirmed for 2011 Release
No Doubt's long-awaited new studio album is due later this year. The frontwoman Gwen Stefani confirmed it when chatting in a recent radio interview with Ryan Seacrest, saying "We've been going for awhile trying to make this record and it s been super challenging but really fun."
"We're trying to enjoy the moment of writing and...it's just a really fun process and I think it's going to be out this year," she added. "It's generally a really happy album...the main thing we were trying to do is write really catchy good songs...we got about 10 songs done and we want to do a few more just in case, but it's a really good record, I really love this record."
This new album will be No Doubt's first effort in 10 ten years. Tony Kanal and friends took hiatus after the release of 2001's "Rock Steady". Since then, their fans including Hayley Williams have been yearning for their new music. The female lead singer of Paramore recently wrote on Twitter, "I want new @nodoubt songs to be out already..."
Last year, it's said that they were influenced by the '80s as well as Jamaican music like ska and reggae. Kanal said back then, "So far, we're just writing. So we've been doing it ourselves. Our producer is Spike Stent." He also revealed plan about mapping a massive tour after the album. "I think it'll be even bigger and when I say bigger I mean more shows and around the world," he stated.
- Find Out Why Psy Chose Apink's Na Eun for His 'New Face' MV
- Jo Kwon Wants a 2AM Reunion
- Tyga Spotted Wearing Matching Sneakers With Mystery Brunette
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom