Artist of the Week: Miranda Lambert
Miranda Lambert has become such a regular name at Academy of Country Music Awards since 2007 that at this year's ceremony Lady Antebellum's Charles Kelley joked, "Thank you, Miranda Lambert, for winning this last year and not being in the category this year. That really helps a lot." Lambert astonishingly received nine nominations at Country Music Association Awards last year and won four of them including Album of the Year for "Revolution".
Although her latest album was released in 2009, Lambert continued to be a big contender for country music awards. At the recent 2011 ACM Awards, she won four out of six nominations excluding Entertainer of the Year. Her victory was revolving around the single "The House That Built Me" which also delivered her first Grammy for Best Female Country Vocal Performance.
With the trophies all stacked on her shelves, Lambert is getting ready for the next venture. She has announced a new album to be recorded this spring in addition to a TV show project which marks her first involvement in scripted television. Lambert acts as a producer to an ABC Family show which would mirror her childhood in Texas.
Not stopping there, Miranda has also formed an all-girl trio called Pistol Annies. "I started this new project, and we're gonna debut on the Girls' Night Out [special]," the songbird told The Boot backstage at ACM Awards. "And I can't say too much about it, because I want it to be a surprise." The group features her pals and songwriting partners, Ashley Monroe and Angaleena Presley.
- Suki Waterhouse Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress During Chilly Beach Photo Shoot
- Anne Hathaway Controls a Monster in 'Colossal' Trailer
- Gregg Sulkin and Tyler Posey's Nude Photos Leaked by Ex Bella Thorne?
- Bella Hadid Bumps Into Ex The Weeknd During Concert at Madison Square Garden
- Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam Gets a Solo Movie as DC Splits 'Shazam'
- Amber Rose Claps Back at Haters Accusing Her of Being Rude to Sexual Assault Victim
- Did Charlie Sheen Just Threaten Jon Voight for Speaking at Donald Trump's Pre-Inagural Event?
- Kanye West Is Not Invited to Perform at Trump's Inauguration Because of This!