Artist of the Week: Miranda Lambert
Miranda Lambert has become such a regular name at Academy of Country Music Awards since 2007 that at this year's ceremony Lady Antebellum's Charles Kelley joked, "Thank you, Miranda Lambert, for winning this last year and not being in the category this year. That really helps a lot." Lambert astonishingly received nine nominations at Country Music Association Awards last year and won four of them including Album of the Year for "Revolution".
Although her latest album was released in 2009, Lambert continued to be a big contender for country music awards. At the recent 2011 ACM Awards, she won four out of six nominations excluding Entertainer of the Year. Her victory was revolving around the single "The House That Built Me" which also delivered her first Grammy for Best Female Country Vocal Performance.
With the trophies all stacked on her shelves, Lambert is getting ready for the next venture. She has announced a new album to be recorded this spring in addition to a TV show project which marks her first involvement in scripted television. Lambert acts as a producer to an ABC Family show which would mirror her childhood in Texas.
Not stopping there, Miranda has also formed an all-girl trio called Pistol Annies. "I started this new project, and we're gonna debut on the Girls' Night Out [special]," the songbird told The Boot backstage at ACM Awards. "And I can't say too much about it, because I want it to be a surprise." The group features her pals and songwriting partners, Ashley Monroe and Angaleena Presley.
More Miranda Lambert News
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says
- Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Turned Into Virtual Reality Experience
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Photos: Jon Snow Reunites With an Old Friend and It's Doesn't Look Friendly
- Jennifer Lawrence Was 'Stressed Out' When Dating Chris Martin, Is Happier With Darren Aronofsky
- Blake Lively Celebrates Ryan Reynolds' 40th Birthday Amid Physical Abuse Allegations
- Justin Bieber Extends 'Purpose World Tour' After Storming Off Stage Mid-Performance
- Ice Cube and 'Hamilton' Helmer Team Up for 'Oliver Twist' Musical at Disney