Pia Toscano Has NOT Been Signed to Interscope Records
Pia Toscano, the former contestant of "American Idol" who got booted last week, reportedly has inked a record deal with Interscope. A source told Us Magazine that the 22-year-old aspiring singer is preparing to hit studio soon and going to rush her debut album. However, the rumor was denied by her representative.
Talking to E! Online, the spokesperson said that the rumor is not accurate. The publicist spilled the beans that Interscope, which is chaired by "Idol" mentor Jimmy Iovine, wants to produce Pia's debut single and then release it while "American Idol" is still running. Although the rep confirmed that Pia has indeed been approached by Interscope, no record contract has been signed just yet.
If the deal is sealed, Pia will follow the footsteps of fellow "Idol" outcast Chris Medina who dropped a single via the label just a few day after his elimination. While Chris talked about his tear-jerking story about his relationship with his girlfriend in a ballad single "What Are Words", it's unclear what kind of single is being prepared for Pia.
A source said Pia wants a "memorable" song which captures the "magic" like her performance earlier this season of Elton John's "Don't Let the Sun Go Down". The Pia rendition of the classic track was produced by Rock Mafia.
Pia is now looking forward to hit the road with the other top 9 contestants of the "Idol" for a summer tour. But fans who are still coming to terms with her shocking elimination won't have to wait until summer to watch her performance. On Friday, she appeared on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" for her first-ever post-"Idol" Performance. She sang "River Deep, Mountain High".
More Pia Toscano News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie