Pia Toscano Has NOT Been Signed to Interscope Records
Pia Toscano, the former contestant of "American Idol" who got booted last week, reportedly has inked a record deal with Interscope. A source told Us Magazine that the 22-year-old aspiring singer is preparing to hit studio soon and going to rush her debut album. However, the rumor was denied by her representative.
Talking to E! Online, the spokesperson said that the rumor is not accurate. The publicist spilled the beans that Interscope, which is chaired by "Idol" mentor Jimmy Iovine, wants to produce Pia's debut single and then release it while "American Idol" is still running. Although the rep confirmed that Pia has indeed been approached by Interscope, no record contract has been signed just yet.
If the deal is sealed, Pia will follow the footsteps of fellow "Idol" outcast Chris Medina who dropped a single via the label just a few day after his elimination. While Chris talked about his tear-jerking story about his relationship with his girlfriend in a ballad single "What Are Words", it's unclear what kind of single is being prepared for Pia.
A source said Pia wants a "memorable" song which captures the "magic" like her performance earlier this season of Elton John's "Don't Let the Sun Go Down". The Pia rendition of the classic track was produced by Rock Mafia.
Pia is now looking forward to hit the road with the other top 9 contestants of the "Idol" for a summer tour. But fans who are still coming to terms with her shocking elimination won't have to wait until summer to watch her performance. On Friday, she appeared on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" for her first-ever post-"Idol" Performance. She sang "River Deep, Mountain High".
- Ariana Grande Debuts New Hairdo Amid Reports She Was Barred From Performing at White House
- 'High School Musical' Alum Corbin Bleu Gets Married to Sasha Clements. Get the Details
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Easily Wins at Box Office
- Lindsay Lohan Fights With Fiance Egor Tarabasov After Accusing Him of Cheating on Social Media
- Comic-Con: 'Prison Break' Revival Debuts New Trailer and Clip
- Liv Tyler Shares Adorable Breastfeeding Photo With Her Newborn
- Calvin Harris and Kim Kardashian Party Together Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- Drake's New Mixtape Is on the Way as 'Views' Tops Billboard 200 for 11th Week