Jason Castro to Welcome Baby Girl in August, Shares Sonogram Pic
"American Idol" alum Jason Castro is going to add father to his resume. The 24-year-old singer has announced on his website last Friday, April 8, that his wife Mandy Mayhall is pregnant with a baby girl. He began sharing the happy news by writing, "Now, I am excited to announce that there will be a new addition to the Castro family!"
"My wife and I are expecting our first child this August," he continued. "We just found out yesterday that it is going to be a girl! haha that makes me laugh... what am i going to do with a sweet little girl?! probably just smile a lot... i cannot wait!!! It's an exciting time, Im in a happy place. so thankful for the presence of God in my life! Anyways, Ill keep ya posted... I've got a soundcheck to get to!"
Aside from making the announcement, Jason also made use of his website to share the first sonogram picture of his baby girl. Posting the image for everyone to see, he wrote in its caption, "Here is the first picture of our little girl!!"
Jason and wife Mandy have known each other since high school. They began dating in 2008, and he proposed to her in October 2009. In early January the next year, they exchanged wedding vows in his hometown near Dallas. A day after the wedding, he tweeted, "Yesterday I married the girl of my dreams. It couldn't have been more perfect! Now, honeymoooon!!! :)"
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding