Jason Castro to Welcome Baby Girl in August, Shares Sonogram Pic
"American Idol" alum Jason Castro is going to add father to his resume. The 24-year-old singer has announced on his website last Friday, April 8, that his wife Mandy Mayhall is pregnant with a baby girl. He began sharing the happy news by writing, "Now, I am excited to announce that there will be a new addition to the Castro family!"
"My wife and I are expecting our first child this August," he continued. "We just found out yesterday that it is going to be a girl! haha that makes me laugh... what am i going to do with a sweet little girl?! probably just smile a lot... i cannot wait!!! It's an exciting time, Im in a happy place. so thankful for the presence of God in my life! Anyways, Ill keep ya posted... I've got a soundcheck to get to!"
Aside from making the announcement, Jason also made use of his website to share the first sonogram picture of his baby girl. Posting the image for everyone to see, he wrote in its caption, "Here is the first picture of our little girl!!"
Jason and wife Mandy have known each other since high school. They began dating in 2008, and he proposed to her in October 2009. In early January the next year, they exchanged wedding vows in his hometown near Dallas. A day after the wedding, he tweeted, "Yesterday I married the girl of my dreams. It couldn't have been more perfect! Now, honeymoooon!!! :)"
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia