Jason Castro to Welcome Baby Girl in August, Shares Sonogram Pic
"American Idol" alum Jason Castro is going to add father to his resume. The 24-year-old singer has announced on his website last Friday, April 8, that his wife Mandy Mayhall is pregnant with a baby girl. He began sharing the happy news by writing, "Now, I am excited to announce that there will be a new addition to the Castro family!"
"My wife and I are expecting our first child this August," he continued. "We just found out yesterday that it is going to be a girl! haha that makes me laugh... what am i going to do with a sweet little girl?! probably just smile a lot... i cannot wait!!! It's an exciting time, Im in a happy place. so thankful for the presence of God in my life! Anyways, Ill keep ya posted... I've got a soundcheck to get to!"
Aside from making the announcement, Jason also made use of his website to share the first sonogram picture of his baby girl. Posting the image for everyone to see, he wrote in its caption, "Here is the first picture of our little girl!!"
Jason and wife Mandy have known each other since high school. They began dating in 2008, and he proposed to her in October 2009. In early January the next year, they exchanged wedding vows in his hometown near Dallas. A day after the wedding, he tweeted, "Yesterday I married the girl of my dreams. It couldn't have been more perfect! Now, honeymoooon!!! :)"
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?