'SNL': Helen Mirren Gets Saucy, Pokes Fun at 'The Kennedys' Inaccuracy
Being 65 years old did not stop Helen Mirren from exploring her sex appeal on "Saturday Night Live". The Oscar winner had a lesbian kiss and let two girls grope her breasts on April 9. But one of the most talked-about parts is perhaps a skit in which she took a jab at mini series "The Kennedys".
Introducing a fake series called "The Roosevelts", she portrays Eleanor Roosevelt who turns out to be a lesbian. She shares a passionate smooch with Marilyn Monroe who is played by Abby Elliott. The parody also claims that Eleanor forced Adolph Hitler to start World War II and personally ordered the bombing of Pearl Harbor while topless.
A voiceover even promotes the show for being "10% accurate" and "20% entertaining". The skit then concludes, "When everyone else passes, it shows up on Reelz," referring to ReelzChannel which picked up "The Kennedys" after several other networks passed on the project.
In another skit, Mirren plays Mary Shelley who reveals the monster in novel "Frankenstein" is based on her landlord, a green, neck-bolted Frank Stein. She also shares screen with Nasim Pedrad and Kristen Wiig who get a grope of Mirren's chest. For Pedrad, the experience brings her to a place better than heaven. As for Wiig, it helps her get through her bad day.
The episode had Foo Fighters as a musical guest. The band delivered loud and energetic performances of "Rope" and "Walk". The frontman, Dave Grohl, also appeared briefly in the skit called "Helen Mirren's Magical Bossom".
Helen Mirren's Magical Bossom:
More Saturday Night Live News
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account
- Madonna, Usher and More Stars Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: More Fights and Departures
- Britney and Beyonce Under Fire for Their VMAs Performances. Plus Get Details on Their Backstage Feud
- Taylor Swift Dismissed From Jury Duty due to Her Ongoing Sexual Abuse Case
- Production on 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Resume in February 2017
- Blake Lively Hosts Private Baby Shower With Taylor Swift