Video: Sofia Vergara Teaches Elmo Spanish on 'Sesame Street'
Lucky Elmo gets to learn some Spanish from a beautiful teacher. Sofia Vergara became the latest "Modern Family" star to appear on "Sesame Street" to teach the kids how to pronounce some words. In a funny twist, Elmo critiques the star's appearance on his show and tries to break into primetime.
In the past, Vergara's co-stars such as Ty Burrell, Julie Bowen and Jesse Tyler Ferguson have all assisted the show to educate children. Vergara, who was born in Colombia, shot her cameo on Friday, April 8 but there is still no clue when the full version will air.
On another "Sesame" news, the United States is donating $20 million to Pakistan in order to fund a local version of the show. Set to air later this year, the Pakistan version would switch the original New York set with a Pakistani village and feature Rani, a six-year-old female Muppet with pigtails and a blue-and-white school uniform, who will speak in Urdu.
More Sesame Street News
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture