Katherine Heigl Produces and Stars in HBO Movie
More than a year after she announced a departure from "Grey's Anatomy" to devote her time to her family, Katherine Heigl announced a return to TV. HBO Films has teamed up with the actress' Abishag banner to produce a TV movie based on Ann Hood's bestselling novel "The Knitting Circle".
In her first small-screen project since "Grey's", Heigl would also play the central character. A semiautobiography, the book tells an inspiring story about a mother who mourns the death of her young daughter. As she struggles to overcome the grief which breaks her marriage and other aspects of her life, she finds a comfort in a knitting circle whose members have their own stories.
Heigl will produce the movie with her mother Nancy Heigl and Pine Street Pictures. Script is written by Craig Wright who makes a return to HBO where he earned an Emmy for "Six Feet Under".
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott 'Definitely Looked Like a Couple' at NBA Game
- Aaron Hernandez Asked to Share Prison Cell With Alleged Gay Lover
- 'Jurassic Park' Alum Jeff Goldblum Joins 'Jurassic World 2'
- 'The Voice' Live Top 12 Eliminations: Who Is the First to Get Sent Home?
- Justin Bieber Is Featured on DJ Khaled's Star-Studded Single 'I'm the One'
- Nicki Minaj's Getting Trolled for Blonde Bob Wig: 'I'm Tired of Being Bullied'
- Selena Gomez's '13 Reasons Why' Sparks Concerns Among School Officials and Health Experts
- Report: Taylor Swift and Harry Styles Getting Back Together