Katherine Heigl Produces and Stars in HBO Movie
More than a year after she announced a departure from "Grey's Anatomy" to devote her time to her family, Katherine Heigl announced a return to TV. HBO Films has teamed up with the actress' Abishag banner to produce a TV movie based on Ann Hood's bestselling novel "The Knitting Circle".
In her first small-screen project since "Grey's", Heigl would also play the central character. A semiautobiography, the book tells an inspiring story about a mother who mourns the death of her young daughter. As she struggles to overcome the grief which breaks her marriage and other aspects of her life, she finds a comfort in a knitting circle whose members have their own stories.
Heigl will produce the movie with her mother Nancy Heigl and Pine Street Pictures. Script is written by Craig Wright who makes a return to HBO where he earned an Emmy for "Six Feet Under".
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story