Katherine Heigl Produces and Stars in HBO Movie
More than a year after she announced a departure from "Grey's Anatomy" to devote her time to her family, Katherine Heigl announced a return to TV. HBO Films has teamed up with the actress' Abishag banner to produce a TV movie based on Ann Hood's bestselling novel "The Knitting Circle".
In her first small-screen project since "Grey's", Heigl would also play the central character. A semiautobiography, the book tells an inspiring story about a mother who mourns the death of her young daughter. As she struggles to overcome the grief which breaks her marriage and other aspects of her life, she finds a comfort in a knitting circle whose members have their own stories.
Heigl will produce the movie with her mother Nancy Heigl and Pine Street Pictures. Script is written by Craig Wright who makes a return to HBO where he earned an Emmy for "Six Feet Under".
- Black Eyed Peas Remakes 'Where Is the Love' With Usher, Jaden Smith and More for Charity
- Emma Roberts Goes Topless for Mario Testino's Towel Series Shot
- Hot Mama! Bar Refaeli Flaunts Her Bikini Body Just Three Weeks After Giving Birth
- ABC Reveals Nick Viall as the Next Bachelor and Spoils the Result of His 'Paradise' Stint
- New 'Doctor Strange' Featurette Offers New Details About Ancient One, Mordo and Kaecilius
- Watch Usher and Future in 'Rivals' Music Video
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: Jared and Caila Prove Their Strong Bond With Bold Move
- Kim Kardashian Flashes Nipples in Intriguing Ensemble During an Outing in NYC