Katherine Heigl Produces and Stars in HBO Movie
More than a year after she announced a departure from "Grey's Anatomy" to devote her time to her family, Katherine Heigl announced a return to TV. HBO Films has teamed up with the actress' Abishag banner to produce a TV movie based on Ann Hood's bestselling novel "The Knitting Circle".
In her first small-screen project since "Grey's", Heigl would also play the central character. A semiautobiography, the book tells an inspiring story about a mother who mourns the death of her young daughter. As she struggles to overcome the grief which breaks her marriage and other aspects of her life, she finds a comfort in a knitting circle whose members have their own stories.
Heigl will produce the movie with her mother Nancy Heigl and Pine Street Pictures. Script is written by Craig Wright who makes a return to HBO where he earned an Emmy for "Six Feet Under".
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!