Katherine Heigl Produces and Stars in HBO Movie
More than a year after she announced a departure from "Grey's Anatomy" to devote her time to her family, Katherine Heigl announced a return to TV. HBO Films has teamed up with the actress' Abishag banner to produce a TV movie based on Ann Hood's bestselling novel "The Knitting Circle".
In her first small-screen project since "Grey's", Heigl would also play the central character. A semiautobiography, the book tells an inspiring story about a mother who mourns the death of her young daughter. As she struggles to overcome the grief which breaks her marriage and other aspects of her life, she finds a comfort in a knitting circle whose members have their own stories.
Heigl will produce the movie with her mother Nancy Heigl and Pine Street Pictures. Script is written by Craig Wright who makes a return to HBO where he earned an Emmy for "Six Feet Under".
- Warren Beatty Is the New Steve Harvey After Oscar Best Picture Flub
- New 'Doctor Who' Season 10 Trailer Features New Companion
- Oscars 2017 Winner List: Emma Stone Wins Best Actress, 'Moonlight' Is Best Picture
- Nicki Minaj and Trey Songz Involved in Twitter Feud After Remy Ma's Diss Track
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Wins Big, Casey Affleck Is Best Actor
- Remy Ma Calls Out Nicki Minaj on New Diss Track 'ShETHER'
- Beast Is Kicked Out of Castle by Gaston in 'Beauty and the Beast' Academy Awards TV Spot
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'