'Deadpool' Finds New Director in Tim Miller
20th Century Fox may have found a director for forthcoming project "Deadpool". After Robert Rodriguez's negotiation with the studio met a dead end, Tim Miller may have taken the job. Recently, Deadline reports that the studio contracts Miller to direct the action film.
Miller is best known for his work as a visual effect artist in several movies, including some "X-Men" films and "Daredevil, The Movie". He has also served as the creative supervisor on "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World". While heavy-visual movies are not new for Miller, "Deadpool" will become his directorial debut.
"Deadpool" centers around the title character, the alter ego of Wade Wilson, a mercenary with terminal cancer who undergoes military experiments to replicate Wolverine's mutant healing factor. However, he has multiple personalities because of the regeneration ability and fractured mind. As he becomes a mercenary, he receives the pseudonym "The Merc with a Mouth".
Produced by Lauren Shuler Donner, the film has Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick pen the script. In the "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" spin-off which is expected to hit theaters in 2012, Ryan Reynolds will reprise his role as Wilson.
More Deadpool News
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Killing Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016