'Deadpool' Finds New Director in Tim Miller
20th Century Fox may have found a director for forthcoming project "Deadpool". After Robert Rodriguez's negotiation with the studio met a dead end, Tim Miller may have taken the job. Recently, Deadline reports that the studio contracts Miller to direct the action film.
Miller is best known for his work as a visual effect artist in several movies, including some "X-Men" films and "Daredevil, The Movie". He has also served as the creative supervisor on "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World". While heavy-visual movies are not new for Miller, "Deadpool" will become his directorial debut.
"Deadpool" centers around the title character, the alter ego of Wade Wilson, a mercenary with terminal cancer who undergoes military experiments to replicate Wolverine's mutant healing factor. However, he has multiple personalities because of the regeneration ability and fractured mind. As he becomes a mercenary, he receives the pseudonym "The Merc with a Mouth".
Produced by Lauren Shuler Donner, the film has Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick pen the script. In the "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" spin-off which is expected to hit theaters in 2012, Ryan Reynolds will reprise his role as Wilson.
More Deadpool News
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism