'Deadpool' Finds New Director in Tim Miller
20th Century Fox may have found a director for forthcoming project "Deadpool". After Robert Rodriguez's negotiation with the studio met a dead end, Tim Miller may have taken the job. Recently, Deadline reports that the studio contracts Miller to direct the action film.
Miller is best known for his work as a visual effect artist in several movies, including some "X-Men" films and "Daredevil, The Movie". He has also served as the creative supervisor on "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World". While heavy-visual movies are not new for Miller, "Deadpool" will become his directorial debut.
"Deadpool" centers around the title character, the alter ego of Wade Wilson, a mercenary with terminal cancer who undergoes military experiments to replicate Wolverine's mutant healing factor. However, he has multiple personalities because of the regeneration ability and fractured mind. As he becomes a mercenary, he receives the pseudonym "The Merc with a Mouth".
Produced by Lauren Shuler Donner, the film has Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick pen the script. In the "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" spin-off which is expected to hit theaters in 2012, Ryan Reynolds will reprise his role as Wilson.
More Deadpool News
- Oscars 2017: Mahershala Ali, 'Suicide Squad' and 'Fantastic Beasts' Are First Winners
- Report: Britney Spears Is Expecting a Child With Sam Asghari
- New 'Iron Fist' Photos Show Danny Rand in Action, Actor Responds to White-Washing Controversy
- Report: Blac Chyna Is Pregnant With Rob Kardashian's Second Baby
- Future Scores Fourth No. 1 Album With 'Future' on Billboard 200
- Oscars 2017: Felicity Jones, Taraji P. Henson, Chrissy Teigen Stun on Red Carpet
- Selena Gomez Sweetly Calls The Weeknd 'Baby' on Instagram
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24