'Deadpool' Finds New Director in Tim Miller
20th Century Fox may have found a director for forthcoming project "Deadpool". After Robert Rodriguez's negotiation with the studio met a dead end, Tim Miller may have taken the job. Recently, Deadline reports that the studio contracts Miller to direct the action film.
Miller is best known for his work as a visual effect artist in several movies, including some "X-Men" films and "Daredevil, The Movie". He has also served as the creative supervisor on "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World". While heavy-visual movies are not new for Miller, "Deadpool" will become his directorial debut.
"Deadpool" centers around the title character, the alter ego of Wade Wilson, a mercenary with terminal cancer who undergoes military experiments to replicate Wolverine's mutant healing factor. However, he has multiple personalities because of the regeneration ability and fractured mind. As he becomes a mercenary, he receives the pseudonym "The Merc with a Mouth".
Produced by Lauren Shuler Donner, the film has Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick pen the script. In the "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" spin-off which is expected to hit theaters in 2012, Ryan Reynolds will reprise his role as Wilson.
More Deadpool News
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season