Arrested Gucci Mane Charged With Misdemeanor Battery
Gucci Mane has found himself in trouble with the law yet again. The Atlanta rapper was arrested by officers from the DeKalb County Fugitive Squad on Friday morning, April 8, and charged with a misdemeanor count of battery. He was, at the time, visiting his probation officer at the Georgia Department of Corrections Probation Office.
TMZ detailed that Gucci was taken into custody after his probation officer learned he had an active warrant for allegedly pushing a woman out of a moving vehicle back in January. Although the arrest was misdemeanor count, it may get the "Freaky Gurl" rapper another jail sentence since his warrant is considered to be a violation of his probation stemming from previous charges.
The 31-year-old rapper has spent 90 days behind bars in 2001 for cocaine possession. In 2005, he was served a six-month prison term for assault. He once again found himself jailed for a year in 2009 for violating probation for the assault. He is currently being held at the DeKalb County Jail on $5,000 bond and will face a judge on Saturday, April 9.
The incident that led to the issuing of his arrest warrant itself took place on the morning of January 28. MTV News, who obtained the incident report from the DeKalb County police, detailed that Gucci approached his victim, a 36-year-old Atlanta resident, at the South DeKalb Mall with his white Hummer. It was alleged that the rapper then asked the victim if she wanted to get breakfast and she agreed.
Once the victim got into the vehicle, Gucci offered her $150 to "go to the hotel." When she refused and asked to be returned to the mall, the rapper opened the passenger side door and shoved her out of the car while the vehicle was in motion. In the report, it was noted that the victim "had redness on her left side/back area."
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Was 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge