Arrested Gucci Mane Charged With Misdemeanor Battery
Gucci Mane has found himself in trouble with the law yet again. The Atlanta rapper was arrested by officers from the DeKalb County Fugitive Squad on Friday morning, April 8, and charged with a misdemeanor count of battery. He was, at the time, visiting his probation officer at the Georgia Department of Corrections Probation Office.
TMZ detailed that Gucci was taken into custody after his probation officer learned he had an active warrant for allegedly pushing a woman out of a moving vehicle back in January. Although the arrest was misdemeanor count, it may get the "Freaky Gurl" rapper another jail sentence since his warrant is considered to be a violation of his probation stemming from previous charges.
The 31-year-old rapper has spent 90 days behind bars in 2001 for cocaine possession. In 2005, he was served a six-month prison term for assault. He once again found himself jailed for a year in 2009 for violating probation for the assault. He is currently being held at the DeKalb County Jail on $5,000 bond and will face a judge on Saturday, April 9.
The incident that led to the issuing of his arrest warrant itself took place on the morning of January 28. MTV News, who obtained the incident report from the DeKalb County police, detailed that Gucci approached his victim, a 36-year-old Atlanta resident, at the South DeKalb Mall with his white Hummer. It was alleged that the rapper then asked the victim if she wanted to get breakfast and she agreed.
Once the victim got into the vehicle, Gucci offered her $150 to "go to the hotel." When she refused and asked to be returned to the mall, the rapper opened the passenger side door and shoved her out of the car while the vehicle was in motion. In the report, it was noted that the victim "had redness on her left side/back area."
More Gucci Mane News
- Victoria Beckham to Sing Again for 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden
- Tyga Spotted Shopping With Scott Disick Amidst Claims Rapper Is Bisexual
- Charo Threatens to Quit 'DWTS' Amid Complaints of Unfair Scores
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- 'Santa Clarita Diet' Scores Second Season Renewal on Netflix
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday