Lady GaGa to Play Mary Magdalene in 'Judas' Music Video
Details about what to expect from the upcoming music video of Lady GaGa's second single have been revealed. In an interview with MTV, her creative director Laurieann Gibson spilled the beans that the Monster ringleader will portray Mary Magdalene in the video.
Playing opposite GaGa will be "Hawaii Five-0" actor Norman Reedus. The 42-year-old star is going to be the "Judas", and Laurieann has nothing but good words for him. "He was so prolific," she said before promising Little Monsters that the video will be "badass."
"I think that most people are already thinking that Gaga and the blasphemy and they're premeditating the approach and I think they'll be very shocked to find out how huge and really groundbreaking the message is and how freeing the message is for all the right reasons," she said. "And it's really going to shock the world."
Lifted from GaGa's May 23 studio release "Born This Way", "Judas" will be released on April 19. Its accompanying music video is expected to follow soon. GaGa filmed it over the weekend, and shared it with her Twitter followers, "Directing Judas video with my sister @boomkack is the most exciting artistic moment of my career. It's the greatest work we've done. Day 2."
More Lady GaGa News
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama