January Jones Brands Herself 'Masochistic'
January Jones has branded herself "masochistic". The "Mad Men" beauty shared the opinion when asked why she wanted to become an actress in a featured interview inside the May issue of Marie Claire U.K., explaining further, "I'm afraid of judgment and I couldn't think of a job where you're more open to judgment, more exposed. I always have to face my fears."
The 33-year-old also admitted she enjoys living a single life. "I don't like living with other people, and I don't mind being alone. I don't like having an entourage of people around me. I have a select group of friends who I hang out with," she said. When the subject of romance was brought up, she replied, "I just don't really have a lot of time or energy to put into a relationship where nothing's going to happen."
During the chat, the actress who stars as Emma Frost in "X-Men: First Class" also addressed rumors suggesting she got into modeling to prove her looks to classmates. "The b****es in high school were b****es because I was pretty," so she said when responding to the issue.
Asked about dislike of interviews, January confessed, "When I talk about myself, half the time I'm lying." She continued to explain, "I do it because I'm bored of talking about myself, or I have nothing left to say, or I want to be private that day." Still, she noted, "Everybody writes that they think I'm so unhappy. Not at all. I'm in my own head. I'm doing things. Keeping things interesting."
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts