January Jones Brands Herself 'Masochistic'
January Jones has branded herself "masochistic". The "Mad Men" beauty shared the opinion when asked why she wanted to become an actress in a featured interview inside the May issue of Marie Claire U.K., explaining further, "I'm afraid of judgment and I couldn't think of a job where you're more open to judgment, more exposed. I always have to face my fears."
The 33-year-old also admitted she enjoys living a single life. "I don't like living with other people, and I don't mind being alone. I don't like having an entourage of people around me. I have a select group of friends who I hang out with," she said. When the subject of romance was brought up, she replied, "I just don't really have a lot of time or energy to put into a relationship where nothing's going to happen."
During the chat, the actress who stars as Emma Frost in "X-Men: First Class" also addressed rumors suggesting she got into modeling to prove her looks to classmates. "The b****es in high school were b****es because I was pretty," so she said when responding to the issue.
Asked about dislike of interviews, January confessed, "When I talk about myself, half the time I'm lying." She continued to explain, "I do it because I'm bored of talking about myself, or I have nothing left to say, or I want to be private that day." Still, she noted, "Everybody writes that they think I'm so unhappy. Not at all. I'm in my own head. I'm doing things. Keeping things interesting."
- Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts Are Separating After 11 Years Together
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?