Roland Emmerich Unveils First 'Anonymous' Trailer
First trailer for "Anonymous" has been released. The video opens with a scene where Derek Jacobi is standing on a stage in front of the crowd, addressing an issue that has been circling for centuries. From there, the scenes switch to the past to show chaotic situation around the castle and theatrical situation on the stage.
Set in the political snake-pit of Elizabethan England, the film speculates on an issue about who was the actual writer of the plays credited to the famous William Shakespeare. The drama thriller movie offers a possible answer that Edward De Vere, Earl of Oxford, is the person whose works were labeled with Shakespeare's name.
Coming from "2012 (2009)" helmer Roland Emmerich, "Anonymous" features Rhys Ifans as Edward de Vere, Vanessa Redgrave as Queen Elizabeth I, and David Thewlis as William Cecil. Meanwhile, Xavier Samuel, Jamie Campbell Bower, Joely Richardson, Edward Hogg, and Tom Wlaschiha are taking other roles. John Orloff provides the script for the film, which will grace U.S. theaters on September 30.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival