Roland Emmerich Unveils First 'Anonymous' Trailer
First trailer for "Anonymous" has been released. The video opens with a scene where Derek Jacobi is standing on a stage in front of the crowd, addressing an issue that has been circling for centuries. From there, the scenes switch to the past to show chaotic situation around the castle and theatrical situation on the stage.
Set in the political snake-pit of Elizabethan England, the film speculates on an issue about who was the actual writer of the plays credited to the famous William Shakespeare. The drama thriller movie offers a possible answer that Edward De Vere, Earl of Oxford, is the person whose works were labeled with Shakespeare's name.
Coming from "2012 (2009)" helmer Roland Emmerich, "Anonymous" features Rhys Ifans as Edward de Vere, Vanessa Redgrave as Queen Elizabeth I, and David Thewlis as William Cecil. Meanwhile, Xavier Samuel, Jamie Campbell Bower, Joely Richardson, Edward Hogg, and Tom Wlaschiha are taking other roles. John Orloff provides the script for the film, which will grace U.S. theaters on September 30.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group