Roland Emmerich Unveils First 'Anonymous' Trailer
First trailer for "Anonymous" has been released. The video opens with a scene where Derek Jacobi is standing on a stage in front of the crowd, addressing an issue that has been circling for centuries. From there, the scenes switch to the past to show chaotic situation around the castle and theatrical situation on the stage.
Set in the political snake-pit of Elizabethan England, the film speculates on an issue about who was the actual writer of the plays credited to the famous William Shakespeare. The drama thriller movie offers a possible answer that Edward De Vere, Earl of Oxford, is the person whose works were labeled with Shakespeare's name.
Coming from "2012 (2009)" helmer Roland Emmerich, "Anonymous" features Rhys Ifans as Edward de Vere, Vanessa Redgrave as Queen Elizabeth I, and David Thewlis as William Cecil. Meanwhile, Xavier Samuel, Jamie Campbell Bower, Joely Richardson, Edward Hogg, and Tom Wlaschiha are taking other roles. John Orloff provides the script for the film, which will grace U.S. theaters on September 30.
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris
- Khloe Kardashian Refuses to Attend Rob's Wedding, Says He's 'Full of Bulls**t'
- Lea Michele Teases 'Scream Queens' Season 2 With This Picture
- Ariel Winter Announces She's Single With Kim Kardashian Meme. See the Funny Clip!
- Watch Beyonce, Desiigner, Bryson Tiller Rock the 2016 BET Awards
- 'Finding Dory' Beats 'Independence Day: Resurgence' at Box Office
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family