Roland Emmerich Unveils First 'Anonymous' Trailer
First trailer for "Anonymous" has been released. The video opens with a scene where Derek Jacobi is standing on a stage in front of the crowd, addressing an issue that has been circling for centuries. From there, the scenes switch to the past to show chaotic situation around the castle and theatrical situation on the stage.
Set in the political snake-pit of Elizabethan England, the film speculates on an issue about who was the actual writer of the plays credited to the famous William Shakespeare. The drama thriller movie offers a possible answer that Edward De Vere, Earl of Oxford, is the person whose works were labeled with Shakespeare's name.
Coming from "2012 (2009)" helmer Roland Emmerich, "Anonymous" features Rhys Ifans as Edward de Vere, Vanessa Redgrave as Queen Elizabeth I, and David Thewlis as William Cecil. Meanwhile, Xavier Samuel, Jamie Campbell Bower, Joely Richardson, Edward Hogg, and Tom Wlaschiha are taking other roles. John Orloff provides the script for the film, which will grace U.S. theaters on September 30.
- Chris Pratt Name Drops Jennifer Lawrence in Christmas-Themed Mad Lib Theater With Jimmy Fallon
- Drake and Aaliyah's Posthumous Collaboration 'Talk Is Cheap' Surfaces Online
- Tom Hanks Puts Emma Watson in Danger in 'The Circle' Teaser Trailer
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Her Curves in Peek-a-Boo Dress After Christmas Concert With Bryan Tanaka
- Watch Fiona Apple Sing Anti-Donald Trump Christmas Carol
- Sofia Vergara Gets Sued by Her Own Embryos as Legal Battle With Ex Continues
- Watch Shawn Mendes Cover Drake's 'Fake Love' on 'Live Lounge'
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Expecting First Child With Wife Joana Pak