Hailee Steinfeld May Score Lead in 'Romeo and Juliet'
Hailee Steinfeld may jump from "True Grit" to "Romeo and Juliet". The Oscar-nominated actress is in talks to play the lead in a new but indie adaptation of the classic Shakespeare story. Italian director Carlo Carlei is set to helm the project using a script from "Gosford Park" writer Julian Fellowes.
THR which came out with the casting news said that the movie would have a budget of $15 million and shoot in Italy later this spring. Since in the original story Juliet is described as the daughter of the Capulet household who is almost 14 years old, the choice of Steinfeld who is also fourteen, will fit well.
The role of Juliet was once attached to Lily Collins but she has presumably backed out due to busy schedule. Meanwhile, Steinfeld, who became a hot commodity since starring in "True Grit", was once considered for the lead role of "The Hunger Games", but it eventually went to Jennifer Lawrence. She is now set to star in "Forgotten" and "Sleeping Beauty".
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed