Hailee Steinfeld May Score Lead in 'Romeo and Juliet'
Hailee Steinfeld may jump from "True Grit" to "Romeo and Juliet". The Oscar-nominated actress is in talks to play the lead in a new but indie adaptation of the classic Shakespeare story. Italian director Carlo Carlei is set to helm the project using a script from "Gosford Park" writer Julian Fellowes.
THR which came out with the casting news said that the movie would have a budget of $15 million and shoot in Italy later this spring. Since in the original story Juliet is described as the daughter of the Capulet household who is almost 14 years old, the choice of Steinfeld who is also fourteen, will fit well.
The role of Juliet was once attached to Lily Collins but she has presumably backed out due to busy schedule. Meanwhile, Steinfeld, who became a hot commodity since starring in "True Grit", was once considered for the lead role of "The Hunger Games", but it eventually went to Jennifer Lawrence. She is now set to star in "Forgotten" and "Sleeping Beauty".
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role