Hailee Steinfeld May Score Lead in 'Romeo and Juliet'
Hailee Steinfeld may jump from "True Grit" to "Romeo and Juliet". The Oscar-nominated actress is in talks to play the lead in a new but indie adaptation of the classic Shakespeare story. Italian director Carlo Carlei is set to helm the project using a script from "Gosford Park" writer Julian Fellowes.
THR which came out with the casting news said that the movie would have a budget of $15 million and shoot in Italy later this spring. Since in the original story Juliet is described as the daughter of the Capulet household who is almost 14 years old, the choice of Steinfeld who is also fourteen, will fit well.
The role of Juliet was once attached to Lily Collins but she has presumably backed out due to busy schedule. Meanwhile, Steinfeld, who became a hot commodity since starring in "True Grit", was once considered for the lead role of "The Hunger Games", but it eventually went to Jennifer Lawrence. She is now set to star in "Forgotten" and "Sleeping Beauty".
- Beyonce Is Performing at the 2016 MTV VMAs, MTV Confirms
- Britney Spears Reveals Her Desire to Collaborate With Ex Justin Timberlake
- Mariah Carey's Estranged Sister Busted for Prostitution
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?
- Rihanna to Open 2016 MTV Video Music Awards