Hailee Steinfeld May Score Lead in 'Romeo and Juliet'
Hailee Steinfeld may jump from "True Grit" to "Romeo and Juliet". The Oscar-nominated actress is in talks to play the lead in a new but indie adaptation of the classic Shakespeare story. Italian director Carlo Carlei is set to helm the project using a script from "Gosford Park" writer Julian Fellowes.
THR which came out with the casting news said that the movie would have a budget of $15 million and shoot in Italy later this spring. Since in the original story Juliet is described as the daughter of the Capulet household who is almost 14 years old, the choice of Steinfeld who is also fourteen, will fit well.
The role of Juliet was once attached to Lily Collins but she has presumably backed out due to busy schedule. Meanwhile, Steinfeld, who became a hot commodity since starring in "True Grit", was once considered for the lead role of "The Hunger Games", but it eventually went to Jennifer Lawrence. She is now set to star in "Forgotten" and "Sleeping Beauty".
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip
- Katie Holmes Looks Gloomy Amid Rumor She Gets 'Dumped' by Jamie Foxx
- New 'Game of Thrones' Set Video Captures the Monumental Meeting
- Jay-Z to Host Clinton Concert Aimed at Young Black Voters in Ohio
- Here's the First Look at Cate Blanchett and Sandra Bullock on 'Ocean's Eight' Set
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years