Hailee Steinfeld May Score Lead in 'Romeo and Juliet'
Hailee Steinfeld may jump from "True Grit" to "Romeo and Juliet". The Oscar-nominated actress is in talks to play the lead in a new but indie adaptation of the classic Shakespeare story. Italian director Carlo Carlei is set to helm the project using a script from "Gosford Park" writer Julian Fellowes.
THR which came out with the casting news said that the movie would have a budget of $15 million and shoot in Italy later this spring. Since in the original story Juliet is described as the daughter of the Capulet household who is almost 14 years old, the choice of Steinfeld who is also fourteen, will fit well.
The role of Juliet was once attached to Lily Collins but she has presumably backed out due to busy schedule. Meanwhile, Steinfeld, who became a hot commodity since starring in "True Grit", was once considered for the lead role of "The Hunger Games", but it eventually went to Jennifer Lawrence. She is now set to star in "Forgotten" and "Sleeping Beauty".
- Jimmy Kimmel Breaks Down Oscar Mix-Up: How Denzel Washington Helped Save the Day
- Get a Look at New 'Wonder Woman' Cool Photos and Concept Art
- Which Green Lantern Member to Appear in 'Justice League' Allegedly Revealed
- Ashley Tisdale Claps Back at Fat-Shamers Saying She Looks Pregnant
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga's Wedding Is Going to Get Spin-Off Series
- Josh Hartnett and Girlfriend Expecting Baby No. 2 - See Her Baby Bump at Oscars After-Party
- Kong Destroys Helicopters and Kills Skull Crawlers in Final 'Kong: Skull Island' Trailer
- Halle Berry Skinny-Dipping in the Night After Oscars. Watch the Video!