Report: Nikki Reed Dating Paul McDonald of 'American Idol'
Romance is in the air for a "Twilight Saga" actress and an "American Idol" finalist. E! Online has recently come out with a report that Nikki Reed is likely to be "officially" dating Paul McDonald, citing a source who claimed that the 22-year-old beauty is calling the 26-year-old aspiring singer her "boyfriend".
The rumored couple first met on the red carpet of the "Red Riding Hood" premiere in early March. Ironically, Paul at the time has no idea who Nikki was. In a clip documenting the moment, the two shared an awkward goodbye hug after she praised him, "You're amazing." Once she was off camera, he said, "Was she a famous actress or something? I'd hang out with her!"
The pair has since kept in touch, and Us Weekly reported in its new issue that Nikki and Paul have been going on a series of virtual dates. Since the actress has been busy shooting "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn" and the singer-songwriter is competing on "Idol", the two allegedly have maintained contact via Skype.
Along with the Nikki and Paul romance report, Us Weekly alleged that another "Twilight Saga" star has also chatted with an "Idol" contestant. It was said that Taylor Lautner was Skyping with Lauren Alaina. However, one source clarified to E! that the story has been a little bit exaggerated.
"Taylor has only said hello to some of the Idol contestants when he has been in the same room as Nikki when she has been Skyping with her boyfriend," explained the source about the Skyping rumor. "He has not Skyped one-on-one with any of the Idols."
More Nikki Reed News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent