DJ Megatron Stalked Before Gunned Down, Suspects Plead Not Guilty
After two men were arrested in the murder case of DJ Megatron, a few details over the robbery gone wrong are uncovered. New York Daily News reported that on Thursday, April 7, prosecutors unraveled that the BET host was stalked by 21-year-old William Williams and 20-year-old Richard Cromwell for a block before being gunned down.
Both William and Richard were arrested on charges of murder, robbery and criminal possession of a weapon last Wednesday, April 6. Identified by witnesses and surveillance footage from the scene before and after the incident, the pair were held without bail and appeared in Staten Island Criminal Court the next day.
Words are, both suspects have confessed to the crime to prosecuting officials. William admitted he fired the fatal shot during a scuffle, while Richard reportedly was the one who stole the watch Megatron was wearing. During the 10-minute hearing on Thursday, however, the two men pleaded not guilty. They are due back in court on April 19.
After the hearing, Williams' lawyer Mario Gallucci said, "It's an absolute tragedy that Mr. McGriff [Megatron's real name], a rising star here from Staten Island, had his life ended so tragically. I've just been retained by the family early this morning." He added, "We already have an investigator out doing our own investigation, so at this early point I would just urge the public not to rush to judgment."
DJ Megatron, whose real name is Corey McGriff, was shot and killed in the early hours of Sunday morning, March 27 near his home on Staten Island in New York City. He was pronounced dead at the scene with a single gunshot wound to the left side of his ribcage on Osgood Avenue in the Clifton section.
- Solange Releases 'A Seat at the Table' Album Featuring Lil Wayne and Kelly Rowland
- 'The Bachelor': Get Details of Nick Viall's Carnival Date
- Is That a Baby Bump? Christina Aguilera Looks Pregnant When Attending Drake's Concert
- Yes, Jessica Biel Eats in the Shower and She Wants You to Try It Too
- 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Gets Official Synopsis, First Footage Is Coming to NYCC
- Iggy Azalea Pushes Back 'Digital Distortion' Release to 2017, Cites Nick Young Drama
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo