MTV Greenlights 'Jersey Shore' Spin-Offs, Details Revealed
Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi, Jenni "JWoww" Farley and Paul "DJ Pauly D" Delvecchio are going to grace small screen more often. On Thursday, April 7, MTV announced that they have given a greenlight to two "Jersey Shore" spin-offs that are set to debut in 2012.
"The 'Jersey Shore' cast is at the center of the show's ongoing success, and Nicole, Pauly D and Jenni have become household names as a result of their unique, sometimes outrageous and often hilarious personalities," said Chris Linn, MTV executive vice president of programming and head of production.
He added, "We're excited to put the spotlight on their lives away from the shore as they pursue their individual passions, careers and relationships. Both series are fun, fresh ways for us to evolve what is an already successful brand for us." Both series are not yet titled and are ordered for 12 episodes, with production scheduled to begin later this year.
One of the spin-off will give a closer look at Snooki and JWoww's life, love and friendship away from Seaside Heights. "The locale may be different, but the friendship is sure to remain the same," MTV explained in a statement.
"It's pretty much just the concept of me and Jenni being on our own without our roommates," Snooki previously said. JWoww has also revealed, "It was a concept before the show [was green-lit]. We legitimately just wanted to buy a house together. She wanted to get out of her dad's, and I wanted to move out of the home that everyone could see on TV, so they were like, 'Let's shoot it!' "
As for the other project, it will follow Pauly D's "real-life adventures as he's pursuing his DJ career and going deeper into his home life in Rhode Island and his circle of friends and family." Linn went on detailing, "So it allows us to go deeper into family there and the real-life events that are happening around his exploding DJ career."
"Jersey Shore" has wrapped season 3 and the cast are expected to return for the fourth season. However, it was recently said that not all of them have signed their contracts. Those who have not sealed the deal with MTV reportedly are Snooki, The Situation, JWoww and Pauly D.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support