Javier Bardem Closer to 'The Dark Tower'
Javier Bardem is seemingly ready to star in "The Dark Tower". Deadline reports that the 42-year-old actor is getting closer to play Roland Deschain in the big screen version of Stephen King's novels, which will span in three films.
Bardem will reportedly act in the entire trilogy as well as a limited run TV series in between each film. The first feature of the film is scheduled to grace U.S. theaters on May 17, 2013. Director Ron Howard has allegedly started meeting with other actors to cast the supporting roles around Bardem.
Bardem is the first Spaniard to be named nominee at Academy Awards. In 2000, he was nominated for Academy Award for Best Actor for his role in "Before Night Falls". He also played in "No Country for Old Men". Through his role in the movie, he won a series of awards, including 2007 BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role. He has been recently nominated in 2011 Academy Award for Best Actor for his role in film "Biutiful".
"The Dark Tower" tells a story about gunslinger Roland Deshain who roams an Old West-like landscape in search of a dark tower, which is rumored to be a magical portal to other worlds. While the fantasy sci-fi film is slated to hit theaters in 2013, the production of the first film is scheduled in September. Akiva Goldsman, in the meantime, serves as the scribe.
More The Dark Tower News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media