Sofia Vergara Up to Star in 'The Three Stooges'
After landing roles in "Meet the Browns" and "Madea Goes to Jail", Sofia Vergara apparently wants to make another appearance in big screen. The 38-year-old actress is allegedly aiming to join "The Three Stooges".
Variety reports that she is in discussions with 20th Century Fox to play one of the female lead characters in the forthcoming movie. If she is indeed cast in the movie, Vergara will join Will Sasso, who will play Curly, and Sean Hayes, who will star as Larry. Meanwhile, the role of Moe is still yet to be cast.
Vergara, who started her career through modeling, is currently starring on ABC's TV series "Modern Family" as Gloria Delgado-Prichett. Through the role, she has been nominated for several awards, including Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress - Series, Miniseries or Television Film and Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series.
"The Three Stooges" is a feature-length movie which is divided into "three 27 minutes segments, driven by physical comedy". It is very much in the spirit of the original shorts, in which the blue collar bumblers got the best of the wealthy society matrons that tried to exploit them.
Bobby Farrelly and Peter Farrelly will helm the upcoming project, while Peter Farrelly and Mike Cerrone team up to serve as the screenwriters. In the meantime, Bradley Thomas and Charles B. Wessler produce the film, which is scheduled to come out in 2012.
- Watch the Leaked 'Avengers: Infinity War' Comic-Con Trailer
- Jared Leto Circling Lead Role in Sony's 'Bloodshot' Adaptation
- Rihanna and Cara Delevingne Go Braless at 'Valerian' Paris Premiere
- Find Out Why Psy Chose Apink's Na Eun for His 'New Face' MV
- Jo Kwon Wants a 2AM Reunion
- Tyga Spotted Wearing Matching Sneakers With Mystery Brunette
- Jennifer Garner's New Pal Chelsea Handler Is Going After Ben Affleck
- 'Game of Thrones' Is Filming Fake Scenes