Sofia Vergara Up to Star in 'The Three Stooges'
After landing roles in "Meet the Browns" and "Madea Goes to Jail", Sofia Vergara apparently wants to make another appearance in big screen. The 38-year-old actress is allegedly aiming to join "The Three Stooges".
Variety reports that she is in discussions with 20th Century Fox to play one of the female lead characters in the forthcoming movie. If she is indeed cast in the movie, Vergara will join Will Sasso, who will play Curly, and Sean Hayes, who will star as Larry. Meanwhile, the role of Moe is still yet to be cast.
Vergara, who started her career through modeling, is currently starring on ABC's TV series "Modern Family" as Gloria Delgado-Prichett. Through the role, she has been nominated for several awards, including Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress - Series, Miniseries or Television Film and Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series.
"The Three Stooges" is a feature-length movie which is divided into "three 27 minutes segments, driven by physical comedy". It is very much in the spirit of the original shorts, in which the blue collar bumblers got the best of the wealthy society matrons that tried to exploit them.
Bobby Farrelly and Peter Farrelly will helm the upcoming project, while Peter Farrelly and Mike Cerrone team up to serve as the screenwriters. In the meantime, Bradley Thomas and Charles B. Wessler produce the film, which is scheduled to come out in 2012.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance