'Jersey Shore' Production in Italy Delayed Amid Contract Dispute
"Jersey Shore" trip to Italy is delayed for a month. A production insider says the filming is postponed due to a recently reported contract dispute in which some of the cast still refuse to sign their new contracts.
"The cast was meant to leave on April 18, but now with the contact troubles, they won't be leaving until May," the insider tells Radar Online. It is added that "several of the housemates haven't signed their contracts and until they do, the cast can't go to Italy."
But the contract dispute is not the only issue which causes the delay. Italian nightclubs and hotels reportedly show serious resistance and won't allow the controversial cast to film in their venues which result in producers "having a really difficult time finding venues for the cast to party at."
MTV remains mum on the reports, only stating, "The network will not be providing comment," when asked for comment by Examiner. The insider, however, adds, "The good news, if there is any, is that producers have chosen one of the prettiest cities in Italy for the cast to live."
When the plan to bring the "Jersey Shore" cast to Italy was first brought to attention in early this year, an Italian-American party calling themselves UNICO have sounded their protest. A representative of the organization said at that time, "It will not only hurt Italians but all Americans ...their outrageous, reprehensible behavior will make us look like buffoons and bimbos."
In the meantime, Snooki, The Situation and JWoww were reportedly among those who won't seal the deal. They were said demanding more money from the network as they believed the fourth season could be the last for the reality show.
- Lindsay Lohan Is Facing Bankruptcy After Failing to Pay Rent on $4.2M London Flat
- Kanye West Shares Emotional Throwback Video of Kim Kardashian on Her 36th Birthday
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'