'Jersey Shore' Production in Italy Delayed Amid Contract Dispute
"Jersey Shore" trip to Italy is delayed for a month. A production insider says the filming is postponed due to a recently reported contract dispute in which some of the cast still refuse to sign their new contracts.
"The cast was meant to leave on April 18, but now with the contact troubles, they won't be leaving until May," the insider tells Radar Online. It is added that "several of the housemates haven't signed their contracts and until they do, the cast can't go to Italy."
But the contract dispute is not the only issue which causes the delay. Italian nightclubs and hotels reportedly show serious resistance and won't allow the controversial cast to film in their venues which result in producers "having a really difficult time finding venues for the cast to party at."
MTV remains mum on the reports, only stating, "The network will not be providing comment," when asked for comment by Examiner. The insider, however, adds, "The good news, if there is any, is that producers have chosen one of the prettiest cities in Italy for the cast to live."
When the plan to bring the "Jersey Shore" cast to Italy was first brought to attention in early this year, an Italian-American party calling themselves UNICO have sounded their protest. A representative of the organization said at that time, "It will not only hurt Italians but all Americans ...their outrageous, reprehensible behavior will make us look like buffoons and bimbos."
In the meantime, Snooki, The Situation and JWoww were reportedly among those who won't seal the deal. They were said demanding more money from the network as they believed the fourth season could be the last for the reality show.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart