30 Seconds to Mars' Official 'This Is War' (Uncensored) Music Video
Almost a year after being previewed, 30 Seconds to Mars' "This Is War" music video has finally been debuted in full. Directed by Edouard Salier, the clip has actually leaked earlier this week, but the official one which is subtitled "Uncensored" didn't make its way out until Wednesday, April 6.
"If we don't end war, war will end us," so the tagline quotes H.G. Wells. It then proceeds to follow Jared Leto and his bandmates doing a field operation as they serve as the U.S. soldiers. Wearing army combat uniforms, they are equipped with M4 rifles in the battlefield.
"For the 'This Is War' video, we wanted to explore another side of it. So we decided to portray soldiers in conflict," Jared once told MTV. "The video made us realize that underneath the uniforms, these men and women out there in conflict are just like you and I. When we put them on, I looked at my brother, looked at [guitarist] Tomo [Milicevic], and they looked like soldiers."
"You start to walk like a soldier, feel like a soldier, when you're wearing body armor and carrying a working M4 ... it's an impactful experience. It was definitely provocative for us. It made us think, and that's the point of the whole thing."
The song is taken from 30 Seconds to Mars' 2009 studio album of the same name "This Is War".
- Miranda Lambert Already Plans to Get Married to Anderson East?
- New 'Max Steel' Trailer Highlights the Superhero's Origin
- Selena Gomez Reportedly Enters Rehab After Drug Abuse due to Christina Grimmie's Death
- Rick Ross Is Gearing Up for His Next Collab With Skrillex
- 'America's Got Talent' First Five Finalists of Season 21 Revealed
- Chris Brown Accuser Told Her Friend Singer's 'About to Go Down' After Alleged Gun Incident
- 'Game of Thrones' Casts First New Addition for Season 7
- P. Diddy Teases Snippet of Cassie's New Single 'Make Up'