30 Seconds to Mars' Official 'This Is War' (Uncensored) Music Video
Almost a year after being previewed, 30 Seconds to Mars' "This Is War" music video has finally been debuted in full. Directed by Edouard Salier, the clip has actually leaked earlier this week, but the official one which is subtitled "Uncensored" didn't make its way out until Wednesday, April 6.
"If we don't end war, war will end us," so the tagline quotes H.G. Wells. It then proceeds to follow Jared Leto and his bandmates doing a field operation as they serve as the U.S. soldiers. Wearing army combat uniforms, they are equipped with M4 rifles in the battlefield.
"For the 'This Is War' video, we wanted to explore another side of it. So we decided to portray soldiers in conflict," Jared once told MTV. "The video made us realize that underneath the uniforms, these men and women out there in conflict are just like you and I. When we put them on, I looked at my brother, looked at [guitarist] Tomo [Milicevic], and they looked like soldiers."
"You start to walk like a soldier, feel like a soldier, when you're wearing body armor and carrying a working M4 ... it's an impactful experience. It was definitely provocative for us. It made us think, and that's the point of the whole thing."
The song is taken from 30 Seconds to Mars' 2009 studio album of the same name "This Is War".
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Was 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge