30 Seconds to Mars' Official 'This Is War' (Uncensored) Music Video
Almost a year after being previewed, 30 Seconds to Mars' "This Is War" music video has finally been debuted in full. Directed by Edouard Salier, the clip has actually leaked earlier this week, but the official one which is subtitled "Uncensored" didn't make its way out until Wednesday, April 6.
"If we don't end war, war will end us," so the tagline quotes H.G. Wells. It then proceeds to follow Jared Leto and his bandmates doing a field operation as they serve as the U.S. soldiers. Wearing army combat uniforms, they are equipped with M4 rifles in the battlefield.
"For the 'This Is War' video, we wanted to explore another side of it. So we decided to portray soldiers in conflict," Jared once told MTV. "The video made us realize that underneath the uniforms, these men and women out there in conflict are just like you and I. When we put them on, I looked at my brother, looked at [guitarist] Tomo [Milicevic], and they looked like soldiers."
"You start to walk like a soldier, feel like a soldier, when you're wearing body armor and carrying a working M4 ... it's an impactful experience. It was definitely provocative for us. It made us think, and that's the point of the whole thing."
The song is taken from 30 Seconds to Mars' 2009 studio album of the same name "This Is War".
30 Seconds to Mars' "This Is War" music video
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media