'Anna Karenina' Waits Saoirse Ronan and James McAvoy's Confirmation
As his young assassin film "Hanna" is going to hit theaters soon, director Joe Wright has already made plans for his next project, "Anna Karenina". After speculations went viral that Saoirse Ronan and James McAvoy were up to play in the drama film, Wright has confirmed the rumor by saying that he is waiting for Saoirse and James' answers.
Recently, Wright has spoken to The Playlist about the rumor. He stated, "Keira [Knightley]'s confirmed, Jude Law's confirmed, Aaron Johnson's confirmed, Kelly Macdonald's confirmed, Benedict Cumberbatch is confirmed. I'm still waiting on Saoirse and James."
However, the director, who helmed 2007's "Atonement", seemingly doubts James' involvement as he has just welcomed a son with Anne-Marie Duff. "I'm not sure about James, he recently just had a baby so [he's busy]," so he said.
There are not yet details about the characters Saoirse and James will play. In the meantime, Keira will star as the title character in the forthcoming movie. Jude will be Karenin, the husband of Anna Karenina, while Aaron will play Johnson Vronsky, Karenina's lover.
"Anna Karenina" is a romantic film adapted from the Leo Tolstoy classic. It centers on a woman who is stuck in a loveless marriage and struggles with her attraction to a soldier. Tim Bevan will serve as the producer, while Tom Stoppard pens the script for the upcoming project. The film is slated to come out in 2012.
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Wants to Adopt Baby With British Boyfriend
- Back at It! Natalie Portman Returns to Work After Giving Birth to Daughter Amalia
- Cara Delevingne Sports Bald Head on 'Life in a Year' Filming Set
- Elton John Cancels Entire Las Vegas Shows Due to 'Unusual Bacterial Infection'
- Finding 'Comfort,' Brad Pitt Plans to Buy New Place in L.A. Arts District After Angelina Jolie Split
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Jesse Williams and Wife Split After Nearly 5 Years of Marriage
- Hollywood Writers Authorize a Strike. Will It Repeat the 2007 WGA Strike?
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner