Inapropriate for PG-13 Audience, 'Hangover 2' Trailer Pulled
For not clearing it out first with MPAA, "The Hangover 2" trailer has been pulled from theaters. Preview of the R-rated film starring Bradley Cooper appeared in front of "Source Code" this past weekend but the two films' rating don't quite add up because the latter is PG-13.
In a statement to THR, Warner Bros. said, "In our haste to meet the placement schedule for this trailer, we failed to properly vet the final version with the MPAA. We acted immediately to correct the mistake and removed the trailer from screens."
The full official trailer includes a scene with a monkey biting a pretend wiener and humping on a water bottle. EW's sources said nobody has filed a complaint against the trailer when it was played over the weekend but Warner Bros. reportedly would be making changes to the footage and show it on theaters again on April 15 in front of "Scream 4" which is also R-Rated.
"The Hangover 2" is scheduled for release in the United States on the May 26 during Memorial Day weekend. The gang from the first film are in Bangkok to celebrate Stu's wedding when they discover themselves in another state of black-out.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7