Inapropriate for PG-13 Audience, 'Hangover 2' Trailer Pulled
For not clearing it out first with MPAA, "The Hangover 2" trailer has been pulled from theaters. Preview of the R-rated film starring Bradley Cooper appeared in front of "Source Code" this past weekend but the two films' rating don't quite add up because the latter is PG-13.
In a statement to THR, Warner Bros. said, "In our haste to meet the placement schedule for this trailer, we failed to properly vet the final version with the MPAA. We acted immediately to correct the mistake and removed the trailer from screens."
The full official trailer includes a scene with a monkey biting a pretend wiener and humping on a water bottle. EW's sources said nobody has filed a complaint against the trailer when it was played over the weekend but Warner Bros. reportedly would be making changes to the footage and show it on theaters again on April 15 in front of "Scream 4" which is also R-Rated.
"The Hangover 2" is scheduled for release in the United States on the May 26 during Memorial Day weekend. The gang from the first film are in Bangkok to celebrate Stu's wedding when they discover themselves in another state of black-out.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle