Inapropriate for PG-13 Audience, 'Hangover 2' Trailer Pulled
For not clearing it out first with MPAA, "The Hangover 2" trailer has been pulled from theaters. Preview of the R-rated film starring Bradley Cooper appeared in front of "Source Code" this past weekend but the two films' rating don't quite add up because the latter is PG-13.
In a statement to THR, Warner Bros. said, "In our haste to meet the placement schedule for this trailer, we failed to properly vet the final version with the MPAA. We acted immediately to correct the mistake and removed the trailer from screens."
The full official trailer includes a scene with a monkey biting a pretend wiener and humping on a water bottle. EW's sources said nobody has filed a complaint against the trailer when it was played over the weekend but Warner Bros. reportedly would be making changes to the footage and show it on theaters again on April 15 in front of "Scream 4" which is also R-Rated.
"The Hangover 2" is scheduled for release in the United States on the May 26 during Memorial Day weekend. The gang from the first film are in Bangkok to celebrate Stu's wedding when they discover themselves in another state of black-out.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics