Matt Lauer May Leave 'Today' Show Too
"Today" may not not lose just one, but two anchors in the foreseeable future. A day after rumors surfaced that Meredith Vieira will leave when her contract expires in September, it is now reported that Matt Lauer will leave the NBC morning news program as well.
A source tells Entertainment Tonight that Lauer has notified his bosses that he will be resigning when his contract expires on December 31, 2012. The site further speculates that the 53-year-old might re-team with his former "Today" show co-host Katie Couric and his former "Today" show executive producer Jeff Zucker. It has been reported that Couric might leave "CBS Evening News" and launch her own talk show with Zucker.
But NBC is quick to put the rumor to rest by releasing a statement which read, "There seems to be an awful lot of speculation around news anchors these days, and it's not our practice to comment on any of it. Matt Lauer has a long term contract with NBC News and 'Today'."
On another news, Glenn Beck has confirmed that he will leave his daily Fox News program later this year. He, however, is not parting ways with the network as he said at the end of his show Wednesday, April 6, "I'm developing other content for Fox, through specials and other things, on television and beyond."
More Today News
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed