Matt Lauer May Leave 'Today' Show Too
"Today" may not not lose just one, but two anchors in the foreseeable future. A day after rumors surfaced that Meredith Vieira will leave when her contract expires in September, it is now reported that Matt Lauer will leave the NBC morning news program as well.
A source tells Entertainment Tonight that Lauer has notified his bosses that he will be resigning when his contract expires on December 31, 2012. The site further speculates that the 53-year-old might re-team with his former "Today" show co-host Katie Couric and his former "Today" show executive producer Jeff Zucker. It has been reported that Couric might leave "CBS Evening News" and launch her own talk show with Zucker.
But NBC is quick to put the rumor to rest by releasing a statement which read, "There seems to be an awful lot of speculation around news anchors these days, and it's not our practice to comment on any of it. Matt Lauer has a long term contract with NBC News and 'Today'."
On another news, Glenn Beck has confirmed that he will leave his daily Fox News program later this year. He, however, is not parting ways with the network as he said at the end of his show Wednesday, April 6, "I'm developing other content for Fox, through specials and other things, on television and beyond."
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked