Matt Lauer May Leave 'Today' Show Too
"Today" may not not lose just one, but two anchors in the foreseeable future. A day after rumors surfaced that Meredith Vieira will leave when her contract expires in September, it is now reported that Matt Lauer will leave the NBC morning news program as well.
A source tells Entertainment Tonight that Lauer has notified his bosses that he will be resigning when his contract expires on December 31, 2012. The site further speculates that the 53-year-old might re-team with his former "Today" show co-host Katie Couric and his former "Today" show executive producer Jeff Zucker. It has been reported that Couric might leave "CBS Evening News" and launch her own talk show with Zucker.
But NBC is quick to put the rumor to rest by releasing a statement which read, "There seems to be an awful lot of speculation around news anchors these days, and it's not our practice to comment on any of it. Matt Lauer has a long term contract with NBC News and 'Today'."
On another news, Glenn Beck has confirmed that he will leave his daily Fox News program later this year. He, however, is not parting ways with the network as he said at the end of his show Wednesday, April 6, "I'm developing other content for Fox, through specials and other things, on television and beyond."
More Today News
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts
- Beyonce's Security Team Conducting Trial Runs for Her Delivery
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame