Matt Lauer May Leave 'Today' Show Too
"Today" may not not lose just one, but two anchors in the foreseeable future. A day after rumors surfaced that Meredith Vieira will leave when her contract expires in September, it is now reported that Matt Lauer will leave the NBC morning news program as well.
A source tells Entertainment Tonight that Lauer has notified his bosses that he will be resigning when his contract expires on December 31, 2012. The site further speculates that the 53-year-old might re-team with his former "Today" show co-host Katie Couric and his former "Today" show executive producer Jeff Zucker. It has been reported that Couric might leave "CBS Evening News" and launch her own talk show with Zucker.
But NBC is quick to put the rumor to rest by releasing a statement which read, "There seems to be an awful lot of speculation around news anchors these days, and it's not our practice to comment on any of it. Matt Lauer has a long term contract with NBC News and 'Today'."
On another news, Glenn Beck has confirmed that he will leave his daily Fox News program later this year. He, however, is not parting ways with the network as he said at the end of his show Wednesday, April 6, "I'm developing other content for Fox, through specials and other things, on television and beyond."
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame