Matt Lauer May Leave 'Today' Show Too
"Today" may not not lose just one, but two anchors in the foreseeable future. A day after rumors surfaced that Meredith Vieira will leave when her contract expires in September, it is now reported that Matt Lauer will leave the NBC morning news program as well.
A source tells Entertainment Tonight that Lauer has notified his bosses that he will be resigning when his contract expires on December 31, 2012. The site further speculates that the 53-year-old might re-team with his former "Today" show co-host Katie Couric and his former "Today" show executive producer Jeff Zucker. It has been reported that Couric might leave "CBS Evening News" and launch her own talk show with Zucker.
But NBC is quick to put the rumor to rest by releasing a statement which read, "There seems to be an awful lot of speculation around news anchors these days, and it's not our practice to comment on any of it. Matt Lauer has a long term contract with NBC News and 'Today'."
On another news, Glenn Beck has confirmed that he will leave his daily Fox News program later this year. He, however, is not parting ways with the network as he said at the end of his show Wednesday, April 6, "I'm developing other content for Fox, through specials and other things, on television and beyond."
- Khloe Kardashian Divorces Lamar Odom to Find New Husband and Have Kids
- Amy Schumer Mocks Selena Gomez and 'Relatable' Stars in Hilarious Skit. Watch Selena's Response
- 'Fast 8' Cast Goofing Around During First Day on Set
- Taylor Lautner Laughs So Hard at His Naked 'Twilight' Fan Art
- Nick Jonas Reveals He Doesn't Talk to Exes Olivia Culpo and Miley Cyrus Anymore
- Trailer of James Franco's Twisted 'Mother, May I Sleep with Danger?' Remake Is Here!
- 'Glee' Alum Mark Salling Indicted on Child Pornography Charges
- Check Out New 'Star Trek Beyond' Photos