Britney Spears Leads Billboard Hot 200 With 'Femme Fatale'
Britney Spears is victorious on Billboard Hot 200 this week. The 29-year-old pop singer rules the U.S. albums chart with her newly-released studio installment "Femme Fatale" which has scanned 276,000 copies in its first week on sale.
It's Britney's second-lowest opening sales after her debut effort "...Baby One More Time" pulled in a smaller figure (121,000 at No. 1) in 1999. Although the "Femme Fatale" number couldn't match the first-week sale of her previous "Circus" (506,000), it's enough to lead her scoring her sixth chart-topping album.
This achievement makes Britney one of female artists with the third-most No. 1 albums along with Mariah Carey and Janet Jackson. Ahead of her, there are Madonna with seven chart toppers, and Barbra Streisand with nine.
Back to the chart, Wiz Khalifa follows behind Britney with "Rolling Papers" which claims the second spot with 197,000 units sold. The other new entries are Radiohead's "King of Limbs" at No. 6 (69,000), Snoop Dogg's "Doggumentary" at No. 8 (50,000), and Mary Mary's "Something Big" at No. 10 (42,000).
Surviving the axes at this week's top 10 which is flooded with new releases are Adele's "21" which remains at No. 3, Chris Brown's "F.A.M.E." which falls to No. 4, "Songs for Japan" compilation which rises to No. 5, Jennifer Hudson's "I Remember Me" which slips to No. 7, and Kirk Franklin's "Hello Fear" at No. 9.
- "Femme Fatale" - Britney Spears (276,000)
- "Rolling Papers" - Wiz Khalifa (197,000)
- "21" - Adele (94,000)
- "F.A.M.E." - Chris Brown (91,000)
- "Songs for Japan" - various artists (71,000)
- "King of Limbs" - Kings of Leon (69,000)
- "I Remember Me" - Jennifer Hudson (56,000)
- "Doggumentary" - Snoop Dogg (50,000)
- "Hello Fear" - Kirk Franklin (46,000)
- "Something Big" - Mary Mary (42,000)
More Britney Spears News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences