Britney Spears Leads Billboard Hot 200 With 'Femme Fatale'
Britney Spears is victorious on Billboard Hot 200 this week. The 29-year-old pop singer rules the U.S. albums chart with her newly-released studio installment "Femme Fatale" which has scanned 276,000 copies in its first week on sale.
It's Britney's second-lowest opening sales after her debut effort "...Baby One More Time" pulled in a smaller figure (121,000 at No. 1) in 1999. Although the "Femme Fatale" number couldn't match the first-week sale of her previous "Circus" (506,000), it's enough to lead her scoring her sixth chart-topping album.
This achievement makes Britney one of female artists with the third-most No. 1 albums along with Mariah Carey and Janet Jackson. Ahead of her, there are Madonna with seven chart toppers, and Barbra Streisand with nine.
Back to the chart, Wiz Khalifa follows behind Britney with "Rolling Papers" which claims the second spot with 197,000 units sold. The other new entries are Radiohead's "King of Limbs" at No. 6 (69,000), Snoop Dogg's "Doggumentary" at No. 8 (50,000), and Mary Mary's "Something Big" at No. 10 (42,000).
Surviving the axes at this week's top 10 which is flooded with new releases are Adele's "21" which remains at No. 3, Chris Brown's "F.A.M.E." which falls to No. 4, "Songs for Japan" compilation which rises to No. 5, Jennifer Hudson's "I Remember Me" which slips to No. 7, and Kirk Franklin's "Hello Fear" at No. 9.
- "Femme Fatale" - Britney Spears (276,000)
- "Rolling Papers" - Wiz Khalifa (197,000)
- "21" - Adele (94,000)
- "F.A.M.E." - Chris Brown (91,000)
- "Songs for Japan" - various artists (71,000)
- "King of Limbs" - Kings of Leon (69,000)
- "I Remember Me" - Jennifer Hudson (56,000)
- "Doggumentary" - Snoop Dogg (50,000)
- "Hello Fear" - Kirk Franklin (46,000)
- "Something Big" - Mary Mary (42,000)
More Britney Spears News
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video