Hugh Jackman Eyed for 'Snow White and the Huntsman'
Rumor has it, Hugh Jackman is offered a role in "Snow White and the Huntsman". After the role of the Huntsman was left vacant by Viggo Mortensen, Universal Pictures seemingly tries to find a famous actor to pump up the star power for the film, which will hit theaters after Tarsem Singh's "Snow White".
Deadline reports that the studio has sent out an offer to Jackman to star as the lead male character. With his new film "The Wolverine" delayed, it seems that he has the chance to step into the role. Once the "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" actor agrees, he will appear along with Kristen Stewart, the Snow White depicter, and Charlize Theron, who will play the evil queen.
42-year-old Jackman is best known for his role as Logan a.k.a. Wolverine in the "X-Men" franchise. He has also provided voice for Memphis in 2006's "Happy Feet". He is set to star in "The Wolverine" which recently lost Darren Aronofsky as a helmer. Jackman will be seen in "Real Steel", starring as Charlie Kenton.
"Snow White and the Huntsman" is a fantasy film which is inspired by a Grimm fairy tale. It tells a story about the huntsman (who, in the original fairy tale, is supposed to kill Snow White but ends up letting her go) becomes her protector and a mentor of sorts as they try to escape from the evil queen who ordered her death. Directed by Rupert Sanders, the movie is scheduled to grace U.S. theaters on December 21, 2012.
- Charlize Theron Gets Called Out for Letting Her Son Dress Like Elsa of 'Frozen'
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Get Inked Together. Do They Have Matching Tattoos Now?
- Carpool Karaoke: Britney Spears Recreates 'Baby One More Time' Video, Says She'll Never Marry Again
- Mackenzie Davis on Domino Casting Rumor for 'Deadpool 2': 'I Wish I Did!'
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Totally Naked in Hot Tub During Vacation in Greece
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna