Hugh Jackman Eyed for 'Snow White and the Huntsman'
Rumor has it, Hugh Jackman is offered a role in "Snow White and the Huntsman". After the role of the Huntsman was left vacant by Viggo Mortensen, Universal Pictures seemingly tries to find a famous actor to pump up the star power for the film, which will hit theaters after Tarsem Singh's "Snow White".
Deadline reports that the studio has sent out an offer to Jackman to star as the lead male character. With his new film "The Wolverine" delayed, it seems that he has the chance to step into the role. Once the "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" actor agrees, he will appear along with Kristen Stewart, the Snow White depicter, and Charlize Theron, who will play the evil queen.
42-year-old Jackman is best known for his role as Logan a.k.a. Wolverine in the "X-Men" franchise. He has also provided voice for Memphis in 2006's "Happy Feet". He is set to star in "The Wolverine" which recently lost Darren Aronofsky as a helmer. Jackman will be seen in "Real Steel", starring as Charlie Kenton.
"Snow White and the Huntsman" is a fantasy film which is inspired by a Grimm fairy tale. It tells a story about the huntsman (who, in the original fairy tale, is supposed to kill Snow White but ends up letting her go) becomes her protector and a mentor of sorts as they try to escape from the evil queen who ordered her death. Directed by Rupert Sanders, the movie is scheduled to grace U.S. theaters on December 21, 2012.
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs