Mariska Hargitay 'Deliriously Happy' About Adopted Baby Girl
Mariska Hargitay has welcomed a new addition to her family of three. The "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" star recently opened up to People Magazine that she and her actor husband Peter Hermann have adopted a baby girl named Amaya Josephine, who was born about a week ago in the United States.
Having said she is "deliriously happy", the 47-year-old shared stories behind the adoption. "We were considering both international and domestic adoption and we're thrilled that this is the way our prayers were answered," she said. "We talked a lot about mixed-race adoptions, and we are very excited that we are now a multi-racial family. We're just so happy she's here."
Gushing about the newborn, Mariska said, "From the minute she was born, she was just surprisingly alert and so full of love." On the reaction of her 4-year-old son August, the TV star shared, "He is over the moon. He calls her his baby because he says the whole thing was his idea. He always talks about how he's going to protect her. He's going to be a great big brother."
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3