Mariska Hargitay 'Deliriously Happy' About Adopted Baby Girl
Mariska Hargitay has welcomed a new addition to her family of three. The "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" star recently opened up to People Magazine that she and her actor husband Peter Hermann have adopted a baby girl named Amaya Josephine, who was born about a week ago in the United States.
Having said she is "deliriously happy", the 47-year-old shared stories behind the adoption. "We were considering both international and domestic adoption and we're thrilled that this is the way our prayers were answered," she said. "We talked a lot about mixed-race adoptions, and we are very excited that we are now a multi-racial family. We're just so happy she's here."
Gushing about the newborn, Mariska said, "From the minute she was born, she was just surprisingly alert and so full of love." On the reaction of her 4-year-old son August, the TV star shared, "He is over the moon. He calls her his baby because he says the whole thing was his idea. He always talks about how he's going to protect her. He's going to be a great big brother."
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory