Mariska Hargitay 'Deliriously Happy' About Adopted Baby Girl
Mariska Hargitay has welcomed a new addition to her family of three. The "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" star recently opened up to People Magazine that she and her actor husband Peter Hermann have adopted a baby girl named Amaya Josephine, who was born about a week ago in the United States.
Having said she is "deliriously happy", the 47-year-old shared stories behind the adoption. "We were considering both international and domestic adoption and we're thrilled that this is the way our prayers were answered," she said. "We talked a lot about mixed-race adoptions, and we are very excited that we are now a multi-racial family. We're just so happy she's here."
Gushing about the newborn, Mariska said, "From the minute she was born, she was just surprisingly alert and so full of love." On the reaction of her 4-year-old son August, the TV star shared, "He is over the moon. He calls her his baby because he says the whole thing was his idea. He always talks about how he's going to protect her. He's going to be a great big brother."
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones