'HIMYM' Season Finale to Raise New Question About Future Wedding
One mystery will be solved as another is brought up in "How I Met Your Mother" season 6 finale. The show will flash forward to identify the bride and groom at the close of the May 16 episode while launching another mystery that will continue to unravel well into season 7 and maybe beyond.
"The wedding takes place 'a little ways down the road' - an unidentified, unspecified amount of time away," the series' executive producer Carter Bays tells TVLine. "We will be jumping forward for the last scene of the finale, but then we'll return to the present day when we start Season 7."
"The idea is that we're going to keep revealing little details about this wedding day as we build toward [it] within the chronological story of the show," Bays adds. According to TVLine, after "Who's getting married?" the next question will be "How will that couple get to the altar?" An answer to the second mystery "will be slowly unveiled over the course of the series," Bays says.
"We always knew how the series was going to end, but this is a new element that we came up with this year," he explains. "It adds a new dimension where you're not just asking, 'Who is this woman that Ted's going to meet, and how does he meet her?' There are now other questions."
"How I Met Your Mother" will return Monday, April 11 after a few weeks hiatus on CBS with "The Exploding Meatball Sub".
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special