Ray Romano, Catherine Tate, James Spader Added to 'Office' Finale
"The Office" is making it more difficult for fans to guess who would replace Michael Scott as the manager of Scranton branch. Three more actors who have just been added to appear on the May finale are Ray Romano, Catherine Tate and James Spader. These three will join previously announced Will Arnett, Will Ferrell and Ricky Gervais.
The names are yet to be confirmed but cast slash writer Mindy Kaling made jokes about the casting in her tweets. "Yep, our James Spader arc includes a 'Secretary'-like story line between him and @arnettwill," she wrote, adding "Also, Ray Romano, who I love a great deal and am dying to meet."
However, chances are slim for Romano and Arnett to be a series regular. The former is fronting "Men of a Certain Age" while the latter has just signed up for a Lorne Michaels pilot. Spader meanwhile, has not committed himself to any series since "Boston Legal". Tate appeared in numerous episodes of "Doctor Who" and may be looking for a regular job.
"The Office" seventh season finale airs May 19. Steve Carell's last episode would air April 28.
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle