Russell Brand Bites a Boy at 'Arthur' New York Premiere
"Arthur" has been brought to New York for its premiere on Tuesday, April 5. Russell Brand, who starred as the main character in the comedy film, came in his light gray tuxedo to the event, which took place at Ziegfeld Theatre. When he posed with his co-stars, Brand playfully tried to bite young guest Jake Pauly.
Jennifer Garner, in the meantime, donned dark gray sweater and floral-printed black skirt to the event. Helen Mirren, who played Arthur's nanny, stole the spotlight from Garner by wearing flowing light gray gown, with beautiful necklace and a cashmere shawl.
Greta Gerwig looked modest in her white top, plain black skirt and matching black clutch. Director Jason Winer attended the event as well, donning his gray outfit. Other actors also hit the red carpet. They included Billy Crystal, Omar Benson Miller, Cristen Chin, Nigel Barker, Zoe Buckman, and David Schwimmer.
On the red carpet, Brand commented about his character. He stated, "He has a childlike sense of fun and wonder and sees the beauty in all people and learns that love is more important than money. What finer message can there be?"
Meanwhile, his castmates admitted working with the funnyman is a marvelous experience. Mirren gushed, "He's got a good heart. The Brand heart is a very good heart. He's kind and he's generous and he's fantastic to work with."
Garner also shared her thought about the actor, saying "Well he's so lovely, and he was so lovely with both of my girls. He's just warm and such a vulnerable and such an amazing actor." Similarly, Gerwig claimed that Brand is hilarious, before adding "Underneath it, he's just a good person, and I think that's what is really amazing about him."
The forthcoming movie, scheduled to hit theaters on April 8 nationwide, sees Arthur, a drunken, wealthy playboy who stands to gain a lot of money if he marries the woman his parents want. Things get complicated when he falls for a woman who is of more modest means. With Naomi's inspiration and some unconventional help from nanny Hobson, Arthur will take the most expensive risk of his life and finally learn what it means to become a man.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance