It's Official, 'The Dark Knight Rises' to Shoot in Pittsburgh
Christopher Nolan has decided to shoot "The Dark Knight Rises" in Pittsburgh this summer. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has reported that the director has added the Pennsylvania city to filming locations for the "The Dark Knight" sequel.
While announcing the news on Tuesday, April 5, Nolan also praised the city. He is quoted as saying, "Pittsburgh is a beautiful city." He further detailed, "We have been able to find everything we were looking for here, and I am excited to spend the summer in Pittsburgh with our final installment of Batman."
Commenting on the filming in his city, Mayor Luke Ravenstahl released a statement through his representatives. He said, "We are thrilled to be welcoming the Batman film to Pittsburgh, and eager for the economic impact that our city will experience. This is another example of the growing film industry in our community, and we will be rolling out the red carpet for them."
Although the city has been chosen, specific locations are yet to be settled. Dawn Keezer, director of the Pittsburgh Film Office stated, "They're still nailing down actual locations but what they really fell in love with was the diversity of architecture and the gorgeous buildings that we still have in Downtown Pittsburgh and the surrounding areas."
However, Keezer admitted she is glad that Pittsburgh is chosen to be the next Gotham City. She said, "We've been thrilled with all the work we've had in Southwestern Pennsylvania but Batman's a known franchise. People know what Batman's about and we're thrilled that they have chosen Pittsburgh... A franchise as prestigious as Batman opens our region up to an entirely new audience as filmmakers and studio executives experience Southwestern Pennsylvania."
"The Dark Knight Rises" will be released across the nation on July 20, 2012, with Christopher Nolan serving behind the lens, and Christian Bale reprising his role as Bruce Wayne. Anne Hathaway and Tom Hardy are added as new cast members to play Selina Kyle a.k.a. Catwoman, and villainous Bane respectively.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival