It's Official, 'The Dark Knight Rises' to Shoot in Pittsburgh
Christopher Nolan has decided to shoot "The Dark Knight Rises" in Pittsburgh this summer. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has reported that the director has added the Pennsylvania city to filming locations for the "The Dark Knight" sequel.
While announcing the news on Tuesday, April 5, Nolan also praised the city. He is quoted as saying, "Pittsburgh is a beautiful city." He further detailed, "We have been able to find everything we were looking for here, and I am excited to spend the summer in Pittsburgh with our final installment of Batman."
Commenting on the filming in his city, Mayor Luke Ravenstahl released a statement through his representatives. He said, "We are thrilled to be welcoming the Batman film to Pittsburgh, and eager for the economic impact that our city will experience. This is another example of the growing film industry in our community, and we will be rolling out the red carpet for them."
Although the city has been chosen, specific locations are yet to be settled. Dawn Keezer, director of the Pittsburgh Film Office stated, "They're still nailing down actual locations but what they really fell in love with was the diversity of architecture and the gorgeous buildings that we still have in Downtown Pittsburgh and the surrounding areas."
However, Keezer admitted she is glad that Pittsburgh is chosen to be the next Gotham City. She said, "We've been thrilled with all the work we've had in Southwestern Pennsylvania but Batman's a known franchise. People know what Batman's about and we're thrilled that they have chosen Pittsburgh... A franchise as prestigious as Batman opens our region up to an entirely new audience as filmmakers and studio executives experience Southwestern Pennsylvania."
"The Dark Knight Rises" will be released across the nation on July 20, 2012, with Christopher Nolan serving behind the lens, and Christian Bale reprising his role as Bruce Wayne. Anne Hathaway and Tom Hardy are added as new cast members to play Selina Kyle a.k.a. Catwoman, and villainous Bane respectively.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7